AVR and XMEGA Handheld Programmer
New version of Kanda AVR handheld programmer with AVR ISP and JTAG programming plus XMEGA PDI and JTAG programming support. This version works with all existing Kanda PC USB dongles.
Handheld Programmer Benefits
This standalone programmer makes it simple to update firmware in both Atmel ATxmega and AVR microcontrollers. You plug it into the target and press the button. That's all you need to do.
You load your firmware, fuse settings etc. from the PC using a Kanda USB dongle and simple software. Once it is loaded, you can program as many targets as you want.
If you do not have a Kanda USB dongle already, you need a starter kit instead
HH0110X Starter Kit
- Battery powered with 9V PP3 battery or can be used with 9V power supply
- 512KB of storage space for target code and EEPROM data
- Single button press to program target XMEGA or AVR microcontroller
- Load portable programmer code using PC Software and USB dongle
- You can reload new programs as often as required
- Once loaded, it holds program code indefinitely
- Number of programming cycles can be limited
- Supports all Fuses and Lock bits
- Edit fuses on screens or in Hex or binary
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Can program target from 1.8V - 5.5V, depending on target AVR voltage range. XMEGA 1.8-3.3V
- Can power target microcontroller (up to 150mA) or target can be powered
- All settings (fuses, filenames etc) can be saved to a file for easy distribution of setup
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Error indication with red/green LED
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Optional adapter needed for JTAG programming, see Product Accessories
- Includes flying lead adapter for ATxmega PDI programming
The loader for this mobile Atmel AVR programmer works in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Win10, 32 and 64-bit versions.
Atmel ATxmega and AVR Microcontroller Support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
- All ATxmega using PDI interface
- ATxmega using JTAG interface - slower and adapter needed
- AVR XMEGA Handheld Programmer
- 10-way Programming lead
- 10 to 6-way flying lead adapter for ATxmega microcontrollers
This is just the programmer without USB loader.See related products for Starter Kit - HH0110X
- The programmer can power the target (up to 150mA) or target can be powered.
- The programmer switches off automatically when disconnected. Do not leave adapters connected
- Powered by 9V PP3 battery or 9V PSU (2.1mm barrel, centre positive - see product accessories)
- Battery life depends on many factors but several hundred operations is normal
This programmer will work with all Kanda USB dongles, so if you already have any handheld starter kit, it will work with this new version.
Adapters for AVR JTAG and 6-way ISP connection are shown in Product Accessories.
Contact support if you require a custom connector.