AVR and XMEGA Handheld Programmer Kit
Supports all AVR and ATxmega Microcontrollers including UPDI, TPI and PDI interfaces.
- AVR Serial Programming
- AVR UPDI Interface
- ATtiny TPI interface
- ATxmega PDI support
- AVR and ATxmega JTAG programming, optional adapter needed.
This starter kit includes a Kanda PC USB dongle that will work with all our handheld programmers.
Handheld Programmer Benefits
This standalone programmer makes it simple to update firmware in both Atmel ATxmega and AVR microcontrollers. You plug it into the target and press the button. That's all you need to do.
You load your firmware, fuse settings etc. from the PC using a Kanda USB dongle and simple software. Once it is loaded, you can program as many targets as you want.
If you already have a Kanda USB dongle from a starter kit, it will work with this new version, so you can just purchase the programmer.
HH0120X Handheld Programmer
- Battery powered with 9V PP3 battery or can be used with 9V power supply
- 512KB of storage space for target code and EEPROM data
- Single button press to program target ATXMEGA or AVR microcontroller
- Load portable programmer code using PC Software and USB dongle
- You can reload new programs as often as required
- AVR ELF production files can be loaded
- Once loaded, it holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuses and Lock bits, including edit fuses on screen, in hex or in binary
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- User Area supported
- Can program target from 1.8V - 5.5V, depending on target AVR voltage range. XMEGA 1.8-3.3V
- Can power target microcontroller (up to 150mA) or target can be powered
- All settings (fuses, filenames etc) can be saved to a file for easy distribution of setup
- Error indication with red/green LED
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Optional adapter needed for JTAG programming, see Product Accessories
- Includes flying lead adapter for ATxmega PDI and AVR UPDI programming
- Includes USB dongle for loading the programmer
- Load Atmel Studio ELF production files
- Load programmer from command line or batch file
- Limit number of programming cycles
- Optional adapter for UPDI 12V reset pulse
The USB loader in this kit works in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Win10, 32 and 64-bit versions.
ATxmega and AVR Microcontroller Support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
- All ATxmega using PDI interface
- ATxmega with JTAG interface - slower and needs JTAG Adapter
ATtiny TPI Support
ATtiny10, ATtiny102, ATtiny104, ATtiny20, ATtiny4, ATtiny40, ATtiny5, ATtiny9
AVR UPDI Support
- ATtiny202, ATtiny402, ATtiny204, ATtiny404, ATtiny804, ATtiny1604
- ATtiny406, ATtiny806, ATtiny1606, ATtiny807, ATtiny1607
- ATtiny212, ATtiny412, ATtiny214, ATtiny414, ATtiny814, ATtiny1614
- ATtiny416, ATtiny816, ATtiny1616, ATtiny3216
- ATtiny417, ATtiny817, ATtiny1617, ATtiny3217
Optional adapter for UPDI 12V programming pulse available - see related products. 12V adapter is not needed unless you reconfigure Reset pin in fuses
ATmega UPDI interface will be supported soon with new software release
- The programmer can power the target (up to 150mA) or target can be powered.
- The programmer switches off automatically when disconnected. Do not leave adapters connected
- Powered by 9V PP3 battery or 9V PSU (2.1mm barrel, centre positive - see product accessories)
- Battery life depends on many factors but several hundred operations is normal
- AVR and ATXMEGA Handheld Programmer
- USB Loader Dongle
- 10-way Programming lead
- 10 to 6-way flying lead adapter for ATxmega/UPDI microcontrollers
- Free software downloads including all updates
This is the programmer with USB loader. See related products for programmers on their own - HH0120X
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers and different pitch - 1.27mm or 2.0mm.
Full List of Available Adapters
Here are some popular adapters.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
UPDI 12V Adapter
See JTAG Adapter
for ready made JTAG adapter
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
If you need any other type of connector, we can supply all sorts of custom adapters - see Custom Connectors