AVR and XMEGA Handheld Programmer Kit
New version of Kanda AVR handheld programmer with AVR ISP and JTAG programming plus XMEGA JTAG and PDI programming support. This version includes a Kanda PC USB dongle that will work with all our handheld programmers.
Handheld Programmer Benefits
This standalone programmer makes it simple to update firmware in both Atmel ATxmega and AVR microcontrollers. You plug it into the target and press the button. That's all you need to do.
You load your firmware, fuse settings etc. from the PC using a Kanda USB dongle and simple software. Once it is loaded, you can program as many targets as you want.
If you already have a Kanda USB dongle from a starter kit, it will work with this new version, so you can just purchase the programmer.
HH0120X Handheld Programmer
- Battery powered with 9V PP3 battery or can be used with 9V power supply
- 512KB of storage space for target code and EEPROM data
- Single button press to program target XMEGA or AVR microcontroller
- Load portable programmer code using PC Software and USB dongle
- You can reload new programs as often as required
- Once loaded, it holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuses and Lock bits, including edit fuses on screen, in hex or in binary
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Can program target from 1.8V - 5.5V, depending on target AVR voltage range. XMEGA 1.8-3.3V
- Can power target microcontroller (up to 150mA) or target can be powered
- All settings (fuses, filenames etc) can be saved to a file for easy distribution of setup
- Error indication with red/green LED
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Optional adapter needed for JTAG programming, see Product Accessories
- Includes flying lead adapter for ATxmega PDI programming
- Includes USB dongle for loading the programmer
- Load Atmel Studio ELF production files
- Load programmer from command line or batch file
- Limit number of programming cycles
The USB loader in this kit works in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Win10, 32 and 64-bit versions.
ATxmega and AVR Microcontroller Support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
- All ATxmega using PDI interface
- ATxmega with JTAG interface - slower and needs JTAG Adapter
- The programmer can power the target (up to 150mA) or target can be powered.
- The programmer switches off automatically when disconnected. Do not leave adapters connected
- Powered by 9V PP3 battery or 9V PSU (2.1mm barrel, centre positive - see product accessories)
- Battery life depends on many factors but several hundred operations is normal
- AVR XMEGA Handheld Programmer
- USB Loader Dongle
- 10-way Programming lead
- 10 to 6-way flying lead adapter for ATxmega microcontrollers
- Free software downloads including all updates
This is the programmer with USB loader. See related products for programmers on their own - HH0120X
Adapters for JTAG and 6-way ISP connection are shown in Product Accessories.
Contact support if you require a custom connector.