The Kanda AVR Dragon is the genuine Atmel tool, not a clone, but we have included all the ISP, DebugWire, power, USB and JTAG cables needed to make it easy to setup and use, unlike the standard version. We have also included adapters to connect JTAG to STK200 and STK500 boards and comprehensive instructions.
- It runs from Studio 4 to 7
- Supports ISP, JTAG and DebugWire (for debugging smaller devices)
- AVRStudio software and WinAVR C Compiler included
- Power wires, JTAG cable, 10 and 6 Way ISP and DebugWire connections
- JTAG Adapters
The Dragon is a fully fledged emulator as good as much more expensive ICE units. The only difference is that it is not cased. Atmel sell it with no leads and poor instructions, which makes it hard to connect it to your target boards. We have corrected both of these short comings. It can also power your board so you do not need a power supply.
Complete Training Kits
- Dragon emulator for programming and debugging your code
- STK200 board for 8, 20, 28 or 40 pin chips or STK300 for 64-pin devices
- Studio4 and WinAVR C compiler to develop your code
- Book on CD that covers all the basics before moving on to advanced topics
- Sample code in C and Assembly language
- Guides covering software and hardware
- Microcontroller datasheets
- Complete board schematics
Both the STK200 and STK300 kits give you a complete understanding of the microcontroller and how to program it to do want you want. This lets you develop your own circuits without relying on expensive modules like Basic Stamp or Arduino shields.
STK200 and STK300 Boards
Development is much easier if you have known hardware and sample code, so our kits include the STK200 board or STK300 board with sockets and peripherals such as LEDs, switches, ADC, EEPROM, LCD and keypad interfaces and serial port. The two boards are
Board for 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin microcontrollers
Board for 64-pin mounted microcontrollers
Unless you have a specific project in mind that needs lots of pins, the STK200 is the right choice for most people. It has 40-pin ATmega16, with 16 KB of memory, ideal for most simple projects and this can be replaced by other 40-pin microcontrollers, up to 128KB ATmega1284, so you won't run out of memory.
These kits are made in the UK by Kanda but we supply them throughout the world.
AVR Dragon is a genuine Atmel product with improvements by us