Enhanced AVR Dragon ISP USB Programmer and Emulator
The AVR Dragon ISP runs from Atmel's AVRStudio development environment (Version 4, 5 and 6), and it is a combined programmer and emulator. It supports JTAG for larger devices (40-pin plus) and DebugWire for smaller AVR microcontrollers.
Kanda AVR Dragon ISP Features
The AVR Dragon is a complete programmer and emulator, and the Kanda version has made it easy to use.
- Includes all leads and adapters, 6 and 10-way
- Self Powered from USB, and can provide target power
- It can program most AVR microcontrollers, using ISP
- Can use JTAG programming for AVR microcontrollers with JTAG interface
- Emulation by DebugWire or JTAG, covers most AVRs
- Includes support for AVR Xmega devices
- Works from AVRStudio 4, AVRStudio 5 and 6
- Complete instructions and hardware connections
The Kanda unit is a low cost, simple solution for all AVR development needs. It is also available as part of a full AVR development kit, please see our Guide to AVR Dragon Kits
Using AVR Dragon ISP
AVR Dragon ISP is designed to run from AVRStudio, and it is supported by AVRStudio 4, 5 and 6. This version has all the interfaces necessary to connect to your existing AVR board, such as STK200, STK300 or STK500, or your own circuit.
It supports most AVR microcontrollers, with ISP programming and emulation. Smaller AVR microcontrollers have DebugWire ICE for emulation and larger devices (40-pin plus) use JTAG, and AVR Dragon supports both methods.
For ATxmega microcontrollers, it supports most ATxmega with JTAG and some with PDI interface - PDI mode on AVR Dragon does NOT work for the following AVR XMEGA devices: A3/D3 - revisions B, C and E or A1 (up to revision K).
It works in Windows 2000 onwards, 32 and 64-bit operating systems.
The debugger can operate from C or assembler source code, and includes breakpoints and step functions.
- AVR Dragon board
- USB Lead
- 6 and 10-way ISP and DebugWire interfaces
- 10-way JTAG lead and adapters for STK200 and STK500 AVR board
- Power wires, to power external board like STK200, STK300 or STK500
- CD with AVR Studio4 and instructions