AVR Dragon ICE with STK300 AVR Board
All the benefits of AVR Dragon - ISP, DebugWire and JTAG - coupled with STK300 64-pin AVR board - easy to use, flexible and expandable. A comprehensive AVR development kit for training and development.
STK300 AVR Dragon features
This kit allows emulation and programming of almost all AVR devices, in 64-pin packages,including ATmega128,
ATmega1281 and ATmega2561 and comes with complete instructions, sample code and books on CD.
This kit is specifically for larger (64-pin) AVR microcontrollers. Unless you have a project in mind that needs the extra
I/O pins, larger code space and features of ATmega128, then you may find our STK200-DRAGON kit more suitable
for training. The STK200-DRAGON supports 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin AVR microcontrollers, giving it more flexibility -
please see Related Products below
- AVR Dragon ICE, complete with leads, adapters and instructions
- Comes with latest AVRStudio4 AVR Development Environment
- Supported by new AVRStudio5 and AVRStudio6, available as free download
- STK300 AVR Board has socket support for mounted 64-pin AVR microcontrollers
- STK300 has UART, LED, switches, ADC, LCD and keypad interfaces
- Includes CD books on AVR and Embedded C programming
- Sample code, AVR datasheets and instructions
- AVR Dragon can power STK300 board, no extra power supply needed
- Kit comes with mounted ATmega128L device
Mounted ATmega64, ATmega1281 and ATmega2561 devices will fit in this board - see
Please contact sales if you require a mounted ATmega64, ATmega1281 or ATmega2561 instead
of the ATmega128L fitted as standard.
AVR Development with STK300 AVR Dragon
AVRStudio 4 is a very good development environment, and comes with WinAVR C Compiler plugin to make
working in C really easy. The kit has instructions on connecting hardware and running it from AVRStudio.
The hardware connections are the same for AVRStudio 5, and it has full instructions for both AVRStudio 4 and AVRStudio 5.
The Get Going with AVR Book and Embedded C book cover the basics of the AVR and how to write code
in assembly language or C and the sample code supplied covers all the major concepts,
including UART, LCD and keypads. Manuals, schemaics and instruction guides are also included in the kit
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8 (32 and 64-bit)
STK300 AVR Board Details
- ATmega128L-8AI Device mounted on daughter board avoids surface mount problems. The ATmega128L operates from 2.7-5.5V and will generally run faster than 8 MHz at higher voltages. If you require a mounted ATmega128-16AI device instead please request a quotation as there may be a small surcharge.
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and 2 RS232 Ports
- LCD interface.
- 3.3V/5V operation
- +10 and -10V supplies available for OP-Amp
- Brownout circuitry
- Real Time Clock support
- External Flash RAM support
- Switches and LEDs
- 24C EEPROM socket
- JTAG and ISP connectors
- Sample mounted ATMega128L device
AVR Dragon Tool
AVR Dragon is a real USB port In Circuit Emulator for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio and runs code on your AVR microcontroller. It is both an AVRISP programmer and emulator, using JTAG for 40-pin plus devices and DebugWire for smaller AVR microcontrollers. So, most AVR Devices are supported. All cables and adapters needed are supplied, along with complete instructions.
AVR Dragon Features
The AVR Dragon uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR devices giving exact electrical and code feedback.
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 plus, AVRStudio 5 and 6
- Supported by Win 98, 2000, ME, XP and Win 7,8 32 and 64-bit
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- Emulator and programmer
- Supports Assembler or HLL source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface, ISP and DebugWire support.
- Adapters for STK200, STK300 or STK500
- Powers STK300 board from PC USB port
STK300 64-pin AVR Dragon Kit Contents
- AVR DRAGON emulator and programmer tool
- ISP, JTAG, DebugWire and power leads
- USB lead
- STK300 board with mounted ATmega128L
- Software CD with datasheets, AVR Studio, C Compiler, books, sample code, instructions, schematics and user documentation
Starter Kit Accessories
As well as the LCD module and Keypad, we have introduced a 7-segment display that also plugs straight into a port header on the board. Code examples are on the CD for this and other accessories.