USB Starter kit for 8-way Atmel ATxmega and AVR Handheld Programmer
This version supports Atmel ATxmega PDI programming as well as AVR ISP and JTAG programming
8-way Atmel ATxmega and AVR Handheld Programmer with 4MB of memory (512KB per slot) plus USB PC interface and software. Load the programmer from a PC using the USB PC interface and the Software and then you do not need PC again. The 8-way Hand Held Programmer is a completely portable AVR ISP and you just select the slot needed with the rotary swich, plug it into your target board and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM and Fuses on your target microcontroller with a single button press. Supports up to 512KBytes of code and data EEPROM for each of the 8 slots.
The PC interface is USB port.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/Windows7, Windows8/8.1, Windows10 - 32 and 64-bit
- Simple software for loading programmer
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded including binary and ELF
- Supports ATxmega (PDI), ATmega, ATtiny, AT90 AVR microcontrollers
- Fuse and lockbit setting screen, including edit fuses in binary and hex
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Select target Voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution - max 3.6V for Xmega
- Able to limit the number of targets allowed and lock programmer to protect your code
- Click Upload to load your Handheld Atmel programmer
- Programmer can be copied to load other units or send to third party
- Load Atmel Studio ELF production files
- Load programmer from command line
Portable AVR ATxmega Programmer Starter Kit contents
- Atmel Handheld Programmer with 8 slots of 512KB each
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cable with 10-way connectors
- Flying lead adapter for ATxmega PDI programming
- Handheld Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- 8-way rotary switch to select slot
- Single button operation to program target
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need to
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 - 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 512KB of memory space for code and EEPROM data per slot
AVR Microcontroller Support - ISP
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
All Atmel ATxmega microcontrollers using PDI interface
JTAG support is all AVR devices that have a JTAG interface, needs JTAG Adapter not supplied as standard.
Accessories and Adapters
Extra USB Hand Held Atmel Programmers
You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm Barrel connector, center positive, 300 mA minimum. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
for ready made JTAG adapter.
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.