USB Starter kit for 256KB Handheld AVR Programmer
Still available for existing users.
For ATxmega and AVR D Series support, UPDI programming
and 512KB memory, see HH0110V3
HH0110V3 is recommended for new users
Handheld AVR Programmer with 256KB of memory plus USB PC interface and software. Load the programmer from a PC using the USB PC interface and the simple Wizard Software and then you do not need PC again. The Hand Held AVR Programmer is a completely portable AVR ISP and you just plug it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM and Fuses on your target AVR microcontroller with a single button press. Supports up to 256KBytes of code and data EEPROM.
The PC interface is USB port.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/VISTA, Windows7, Windows8, Windows10, Win11 - 32 and 64-bit
- Simple software for loading programmer
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded including binary
- Supports ATmega, ATtiny, AT90 AVR microcontrollers
- Simple Fuse and lockbit setting screen or Edit fuses in Hex or binary.
- Select AVR target Voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution
- Choice to limit the number of program operations allowed
- Click Upload to load your Handheld AVR programmer
- Save all settings to file for easy transfer to another PC
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock or sets EESAVE fuse
- Load Atmel Studio ELF production files, including fuses and lockbits
- Load programmer from command line
- Android Device App for reloading programmer remotely
Portable AVR Programmer Starter Kit contents
- AVR Handheld Programmer with 256KB code space
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cables with 10-way connector
- Software Download
Handheld AVR Programmer Features
- AVR Handheld Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Single button operation to program target
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need to
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 - 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB of memory space for code and EEPROM data
- For ATxmega support see HH0110X
Save programmer contents to a PRG file, send it to an Android device and programmer can simply be reloaded with new contents. This gives you much greater flexibility.
More Details, Video and App Download
AVR Microcontroller Support - AVRISP
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561 (255KB flash memory space available)
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
JTAG support is all AVR devices with JTAG interface, with JTAG Adapter, not supplied as standard.
For ATxmega PDI support, UPDI interface and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0110X
ATtiny TPI Support
ATtiny10, ATtiny102, ATtiny104, ATtiny20, ATtiny4, ATtiny40, ATtiny5, ATtiny9
Older Programmers do not support TPI.
. Programmers manufacturered before March 2017 cannot support TPI.
Accessories and Adapters
Extra USB Hand Held AVR Programmers
You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm Barrel connector, center positive, 300 mA minimum. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers and different pitch - 1.27mm or 2.0mm.
Full List of Adapters Available
Here are some popular adapters.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See JTAG Adapter
for ready made JTAG adapter
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
If you need any other type of connector, we can supply all sorts of custom adapters - see Custom Connectors
A Quick start guide
with setup details can be downloaded here.
This programmer should be used with Atmel recommended AVR ISP circuits.
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range