Hand Held AVR Programmer for AVR ISP
Now with JTAG programming as well as normal serial programming, optional adapter needed.
For ATxmega support and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0120X
Battery powered mobile handheld AVR Programmer, for field and production use, for AVR microcontrollers with up to 256KB of code and Data memory. Plug it into your target board and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM, Fuses and Lockbits with a single button press.
This mobile AVR programmer uses AVR ISP or JTAG and is ideal for non-technical operatives as it stops mistakes - press the only button and the correct code MUST be loaded. Clear pass and fail codes.
Important Note - Please Read
This product is just the handheld programmer without PC loader!
To load it, you will need to purchase a starter kit instead, unless you already have a Kanda USB loader.
USB Hand Held AVR Programmer Starter Kit
which is on special offer.
- AVR Mobile Programmer is battery powered with 9V PP3 battery or can be used with 9V power supply
- 256KB of storage space for target AVR code and EEPROM data
- Single button press to program target AVR microcontroller
- Load portable programmer code using simple Wizard Software
- Reload new programs as often as required
- Once loaded, it holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all AVR Fuse and Lock bits
- Edit fuses on screens, in hex, or in binary
- Supports Atmel ELF production files, including fuses and lock bits
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Can program target from 1.8V - 5.5V, depending on target AVR voltage range
- Able to power target AVR microcontroller (up to 150mA) or target can be powered
- Save all settings (fuses, filenames etc) to a file for easy distribution of setup
- Error indication with red/green LED
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- For ATxmega support see HH0120X
The loader for this mobile AVR programmer works in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 and Win10, 32 and 64-bit versions.
AVR ISP Microcontroller Support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
JTAG Support for AVR microcontrollers with JTAG interface - adapter not supplied, see product accessories.
For ATxmega PDI programming support and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0120X
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561 (255KB flash memory space available)
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
Adapters and Power Supply Requirements
Adapters are available to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVRISP header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
for ready made JTAG adapter or
see JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
A power supply can be used instead of the internal 9V PP3 battery. The power supply required is 9V, 300mA minimum, 2.1mm Barrel connector, centre positive. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
A Quick start guide
with recommended circuits and setup details can be downloaded here.
Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range
This mobile AVR programmer should be used with recommended AVR ISP circuits.
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
You need a starter kit first
You will need a Starter Kit to load this portable AVR programmer. One Starter Kit will allow you to load as many programmers as you want. The Starter kit comes complete with one Mobile AVR Programmer and is on Special Offer.
Handheld AVR Programmer USB Starter Kit