USB Starter kit for 256KB Handheld AVR Programmer
Now supports JTAG programming as well as normal AVR ISP programming, optional adapter required.
Handheld AVR Programmer with 256KB of memory plus USB PC interface and software. Load the programmer from a PC using the USB PC interface and the simple Wizard Software and then you do not need PC again. The Hand Held AVR Programmer is a completely portable AVR ISP and you just plug it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM and Fuses on your target AVR microcontroller with a single button press. Supports up to 256KBytes of code and data EEPROM.
The PC interface is USB port.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/VISTA, Windows7, Windows8, Windows10 - 32 and 64-bit
- Simple Wizard software for loading programmer
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded including binary
- Supports ATmega, ATtiny, AT90 AVR microcontrollers
- Clear Fuse and lockbit setting screen, including extended Fuse options
- Select AVR target Voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution
- Choice to limit the number of program operations allowed
- Click Upload to load your Handheld AVR programmer
- Save all settings to file for easy transfer to another PC
Portable AVR Programmer Starter Kit contents
- AVR Handheld Programmer with 256KB code space
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cables with 10-way connector
- Software CD
Handheld AVR Programmer Features
- AVR Handheld Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Single button operation to program target
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need to
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 - 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB of memory space for code and EEPROM data
AVR Microcontroller Support - AVRISP
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
JTAG support is all AVR devices with JTAG interface, with JTAG Adapter, not supplied as standard.
Accessories and Adapters
Extra USB Hand Held AVR Programmers
You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm Barrel connector, center positive, 300 mA minimum. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See JTAG Adapter
for ready made JTAG adapter
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
A Quick start guide
with setup details can be downloaded here.
This programmer should be used with Atmel recommended AVR ISP circuits.
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range