USB 8-Way Hand Held PIC Programmer for PIC Microcontrollers
Really simple PIC handheld programmer, ideal for field firmware updates or production PIC microcontroller programming,
that stores up to 8 different programs and PIC microcontroller configurations. Select the program needed
with the 8-way rotary switch and press the button. Eliminates the need to have a PC or laptop on the job
and prevents mistakes. A superb tool for production or field engineers.
This product is just the programmer. If you do not have a USB loader, please purchase
Handheld Programmer Starter Kit instead.
The starter kit includes this 8-way programmer.
8-way Handheld PIC Programmer Features
- 8-wayHand-held PIC Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Select which program to use with 8 position rotary switch
- Single button press for PIC target programming
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you want
- Holds up to 8 programs indefinitely
- Low or High Voltage programming modes
- 10-way DIL and 6 x 1-way flying lead adapters included
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Program and Verify Configuration bytes
- EEPROM data in target PIC can be preserved
- Boot block on larger PIC18FxxK devices can be preserved
- Target can be powered or unpowered
- Powers target (up to 150mA) at 3.3V or 5V depending on PIC device and user selection.
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 2MB on-board memory
Win2000, XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, Win10 - 32 and 64-bit versions
PIC Microcontroller Support
FREE Updates available for new device support.
- PIC18FxxKxx (9V VPP)
- Supports LF versions
Plus LF versions
- PIC12F1822, PIC12F1840
- PIC12F609, PIC12F615, PIC12F617
- PIC12F635, PIC12F683
- PIC12F1571, PIC12F1572
- PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A (HVP mode programming only if Reset pin is not reprogrammed as I/O)
- PIC16F631, PIC16F636, PIC16F639
- PIC16F68x, PIC16F690
- LF versions are also supported
Notes: Programmers support 9V VPP for PIC18FxxKxx and PIC16F1xxx. LVP mode is supported on PIC microcontrollers with LVP.
This product is just the programmer
You will need a Starter Kit to load this 8-way PIC Handheld Programmer. One Starter Kit will allow you to load as
many 8-way Hand Held PIC Programmers as you want. The Starter kit includes a programmer and is on
8-way Handheld PIC Programmer USB Starter Kit
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm barrel connector
(center positive). These are available here or any power supply that fits the requirements can be used..
9V International Power supply
for use with this PIC programmer.
PIC Programmer Range
For an overview of our PIC Programmer range, please see PIC Programmer Overview
in new window.
We can supply custom ICSP connectors to match your PCB header. Please see Custom ISP Connectors
There is also a version of the 8-way PIC handheld programmer with an ATE (Automated Test Equipment) interface, PIC ATE Programmer