USB Starter kit for 8-way Handheld PIC Programmer
The 8-way Hand Held PIC Programmer stores up to 8 different programs and PIC microcontroller types.
Select the correct program with the 8-way rotary switch and press the button, job done. It reduces mistakes
and means that a PC or laptop is not needed to program your PIC target.
This kit includes the USB adapter and software needed to load the programmer.
Starter Kit Software Features
- supports Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, Win7, Win8, Win10 - 32 and 64-bit versions
- Reads programmer and displays existing program names, file names and target PIC microcontrollers
- Loads Flash, EEPROM, Configuration words and User ID from HEX file
- Low or High Voltage programming modes can be selected
- Device ID match, configuration word verify, EEPROM Data save and other features can be set
- Programmer contents can be saved to file and loaded into other programmers
Starter Kit contents
- 8-way Hand Held PIC Programmer
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cables with 10-way connector
- 6-way Flying lead adapter
8-way PIC Handheld Programmer Features
- 8-way Handheld PIC Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Select target program using 8-way rotary switch
- Single button for target programming
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need
- Holds up to 8 programs indefinitely
- Low or High Voltage programming modes
- 9V and 12V programming voltages supported
- 10-way DIL and 6 x 1-way flying lead connectors included
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Program and verify Configuration Bytes and User ID
- Existing EEPROM Data can be saved
- Boot block on larger PIC18FxxK devices can be preserved
- Powers target (up to 150mA) at 3.3V or 5V depending on PIC device and user selection.
- Target can be powered or unpowered
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB memory per slot, to support the largest PIC microcontrollers
PIC Microcontroller Support
FREE Updates available for new device support.
- PIC18FxxKxx (9V VPP)
- Now Supports PIC18FxxK80, PIC18F6xK22/8xK22, PIC18FxxJ50, PIC18F6xK90/8xK90 and PIC18FxxK83
- Supports PIC18FxxQ10
- Supports LF versions
Plus LF versions
- PIC12F1822, PIC12F1840
- PIC12F609, PIC12F615, PIC12F617
- PIC12F635, PIC12F683
- PIC12F1571, PIC12F1572
- PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A (HVP mode programming only if Reset pin is not reprogrammed as I/O)
- PIC16F631, PIC16F636, PIC16F639
- PIC16F68x, PIC16F690
- LF versions are also supported
Notes: Programmers support 9V VPP for PIC18FxxKxx and PIC16F1xxx. LVP mode is supported on PIC microcontrollers with LVP.
Handheld Programmer without Loader
Extra 8-way PIC Handheld Programmers
You only need one starter
kit to load lots of Handheld PIC programmers.
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm Barrel
connector, centre positive, 250mA up. Any power supply that meets these specifications can be used, or they
are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this PIC handheld programmer.
For an overview of our PIC Programmer range, please see PIC Programmer Overview
in new window
We can supply custom ICSP connectors to match your PCB header. Please see Custom ISP Connectors