USB Starter kit for 8-way ATE PIC Programmer
ATE (Automated Test Equipment) version of our popular Kanda 8-way Handheld PIC Programmer with USB PC interface and software. Load the 8-way Handheld PIC Programmer from a PC using the USB PC interface and the simple software and then you do not need PC again. Up to 8 different programs with different PIC microcontroller targets and settings can be loaded into the programmer.
Once it is loaded, the PC is no longer required. It has been fitted with a 6-way pin header socket for connection to ATE systems. These lines are
- 3 Slot Select lines, for the 8 different slots
- PROGRAM to start programming
- STATUS to determine pass or fail
The connector is a 6-way 3x2 pin header socket, 0.1" (2.54mm) pitch.
More information is available in the Datasheet, click button at bottom of product description.
This version is only for connection to ATE, please see 8-way PIC Handheld Programmer for portable version with rotary switch.
Software Features, for loading unit
- Supports Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, Win7, Win8, Win10 - 32 and 64-bit versions
- Simple software
- Reads programmer and displays existing program names, file names and target PIC devices
- Loads Flash, EEPROM, Configuration words and User ID from HEX file
- Select Low or High Voltage programming
- Select for Device ID match, configuration word verify, EEPROM Data save and other features
- Click Edit or New Program to load your PIC programmer
- Copy whole programmer for duplicating programmer setup
Starter Kit contents
- 8-way Hand Held PIC Programmer, ATE version with 6-way lead
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cables with 10-way connector
- 6-way Flying lead adapter
- Software CD
8-way Handheld PIC Programmer Features
- 8-way Hand-held PIC Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Select target program from ATE controller using slot select lines
- Put program line low to start programming
- PASS/Fail signal for ATE equipment.
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need
- Holds up to 8 programs indefinitely
- Low or High Voltage programming
- 10-way DIL and 6 x 1-way flying lead connectors included
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Program and verify Configuration Bytes and User ID
- Existing EEPROM Data can be preserved
- Boot block on larger PIC18FxxK devices can be preserved
- Powers target (up to 150mA) at 3.3V or 5V depending on PIC microcontroller and user selection.
- Some older PIC16F are powered at 5V regardless of target voltage (so that Bulk Erase command always works)
- Target can be powered or unpowered
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB memory
- Erase, Copy and Load entire programmer contents for simple duplication of new programmers. Copy saves the programmer contents to a file that can later be put into a new programmer with Load button.
PIC Microcontroller Support
FREE Updates available for new device support.
- PIC18FxxKxx (9V VPP)
- Supports LF versions
Plus LF versions
- PIC12F1822, PIC12F1840
- PIC12F609, PIC12F615
- PIC12F635, PIC12F683
Notes: Programmers support 9V VPP for PIC18FxxKxx and PIC16F1xxx. LVP mode is supported on PIC microcontrollers with LVP.
- PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A (HVP mode programming only if Reset pin is not reprogrammed as I/O)
- PIC16F631, PIC16F636, PIC16F639
- PIC16F68x, PIC16F690
- LF versions are also supported
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.5mm Barrel connector, centre positive. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this PIC handheld programmer.
For an overview of our PIC Programmer range, please see PIC Programmer Overview
in new window
We can supply other connector types, either from stock or as custom designs. Please see
Custom ISP Connectors
for more details.