8-way Hand Held AVR Programmer for AVRISP
Not recommemded for new users.
For ATxmega and AVR D Series support, UPDI programming
and 512KB memory, see Version 3 HH0820V3
Version 3 is recommended for new users
Battery powered 8-way AVR handheld Programmer, for field and production use, for AVR microcontrollers. It is able to store up to 8 different target settings. Select the slot required with the rotary switch, plug it into your target board and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM, Fuses and Lockbits with a single button press.
This portable programmer uses AVR ISP (or JTAG) and is ideal for non-technical operatives as it stops errors - select the slot required and press the button, that's it. Green LED flash means OK, red flashes mean error - simple.
Important Note - Please Read
This product is just the 8-way handheld programmer without PC loader.
To load it, you will need to purchase a starter kit instead, unless you already have a starter kit.
USB 8-way Hand Held Programmer Starter Kit
- Mobile Programmer is battery powered with 9V PP3 battery or can be powered by a 9V power supply
- 256KB of storage space for target AVR code and EEPROM data per slot, with up to 8 slots available
- Rotary switch to select slot 1 to 8
- One button press to program target AVR microcontroller
- Load portable programmer slots using USB interface and easy software (needs starter kit)
- Reload new programs as often as required
- Once loaded, it holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Fuse edit in binary or hex
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Program and Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Can program target from 1.8V - 5.5V, depending on target AVR voltage range
- Able to power target microcontroller (up to 150mA) or target can be powered
- Programmer can be copied to easily load more programmers or to send to a third party.
- Limit programs allowed feature and lock programmer function to protect your code.
- Error indication with red/green LED
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- For ATxmega and UPDI support see HH0820V3
The loader for this mobile AVR programmer works in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8/8.1, Win10, Win11 32 and 64-bit versions.
AVR ISP Microcontroller Support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561 (255KB flash memory space available)
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
ATtiny TPI Support
ATtiny10, ATtiny102, ATtiny104, ATtiny20, ATtiny4, ATtiny40, ATtiny5, ATtiny9
Older Programmers do not support TPI.
. Programmers manufacturered before March 2017 cannot support TPI.
JTAG Support for AVR microcontrollers with JTAG interface - adapter not supplied, see product accessories.
For ATxmega PDI programming, UPDI support and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0820V3
Adapters and Power Supply Requirements
A power supply can be used instead of the internal 9V PP3 battery. The power supply required is 9V, 300mA minimum, 2.1mm Barrel connector, centre positive. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers and different pitch - 1.27mm or 2.0mm.
Full List of Available Adapters
Here are some popular adapters.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See JTAG Adapter
for ready made JTAG adapter
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
If you need any other type of connector, we can supply all sorts of custom adapters - see Custom Connectors