USB Starter kit for 8-way AVR Handheld Programmer
Now with ATtiny TPI interface for devices with TPI programming method
Supports JTAG programming as well as normal serial programming, optional adapter needed.
For ATxmega support and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0810X
8-way AVR Handheld Programmer with 2MB of memory plus USB PC interface and software. Load the programmer from a PC using the USB PC interface and the Software and then you do not need PC again. The Hand Held Programmer is a completely portable AVR ISP and you just select the slot needed with the rotary swich, plug it into your target board and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM and Fuses on your target microcontroller with a single button press. Supports up to 256KBytes of code and data EEPROM for each of the 8 slots.
The PC interface is USB port.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/Windows7, Windows8/8.1, Windows10 - 32 and 64-bit
- Simple software for loading programmer
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded including binary and ELF
- Supports ATmega, ATtiny, AT90 AVR microcontrollers
- Fuse and lockbit setting screen, including edit fuses in binary or hex
- Program Fuses First feature increases programming speed on new AVRs with 1MHz clock
- Select target Voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution
- Able to limit the number of targets allowed and lock programmer to protect your code
- Click Upload to load your Handheld AVR programmer
- Programmer can be copied to load other units or send to third party
- Load Atmel Studio ELF production files
- Load programmer from command line
Portable AVR Programmer Starter Kit contents
- AVR Handheld Programmer with 8 slots of 256KB
- PC Interface (USB) for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cable with 10-way connectors
- Software download including free updates
- Handheld Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- 8-way rotary switch to select slot
- Single button operation to program target
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs as often as you need to
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 1.8 - 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB of memory space for code and EEPROM data per slot
- For ATxmega support see HH0810X
AVR Microcontroller Support - ISP
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561 (255KB flash memory space available)
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
ATtiny TPI Support
ATtiny10, ATtiny102, ATtiny104, ATtiny20, ATtiny4, ATtiny40, ATtiny5, ATtiny9
JTAG support for all AVR devices with a JTAG interface, needs JTAG Adapter not supplied as standard.
For ATxmega PDI programming support and 512KB memory for ATmega2561, see HH0810X
Accessories and Adapters
Extra USB Hand Held AVR Programmers
You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm Barrel connector, center positive, 300 mA minimum. These are available on the shop.
9V International Power supply
for use with this programmer.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP lead to different 6-way headers and different pitch - 1.27mm or 2.0mm.
Full List of Available Adapters
Here are some popular adapters.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See JTAG Adapter
for ready made JTAG adapter
See JTAG Pinouts PDF file
for details of pin wiring.
If you need any other type of connector, we can supply all sorts of custom adapters - see Custom Connectors