PIC Handheld Programmer for PIC Microcontrollers
This simple PIC programmer is ideal for field programming firmware in PIC microcontrollers in the field or it can be used as a
production programmer. Its single button operation prevents mistakes and reduces training needs. Once it is loaded from the PC using the USB starter kit,
it can go on programming target PIC microcontrollers with no errors for ever. It is the simplest mobile programmer anywhere.
This One Botton Programmer is the simplest way to carry out field updates of embedded firmware. With no need for a laptop or
PC, field programming could not be easier. Load from the PC, go to your target and press one button to update your embedded firmware -
portable programming at its simplest.
It is ideal for non-technical operatives as no mistakes can be made - just press the button and the correct code MUST be loaded.
You can set it to program the whole PIC microcontroller or just the Data memory (PIC16F only). It supports PIC16F and PIC18F microcontrollers.
This product is just the handheld programmer without PC loader
You need one PIC Handheld Programmer Starter Kit
to load as many programmers as you like from the PC. Once the programmer is loaded it is completely portable.
Handheld PIC Programmer Features
- Portable PIC Programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Single button operation
- Load it once, program targets for ever
- Reload new programs whenever needed
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Low or High Voltage programming methods
- 10-way DIL and 6 x 1-way flying lead included
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Programs and Verifies Configuration words
- Existing EEPROM data can be preserved
- Boot Block can be preserved on PIC18FxxK devices
- Able to power target device (up to 150mA) at 3.3V or 5V
- Some families (PIC18FxxJ and some PIC18FxxK) are low voltage only (at time of writing) and so programmer uses 3.3V for them
- Note: Some PIC16Fxxx devices need 4.5V minimum for chip erase, so programmer always uses 5V for these
- Target can be powered or unpowered
- Connections needed are PGC, PGD, MCLR and GND. VDD and PGM are optional
- Dimensions: Metric- 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB memory
- Limit number of Program operations allowed, if needed
Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 10
32 and 64-bit versions
PIC Microcontroller Support
FREE Updates available for new device support.
- PIC18FxxKxx (9V VPP)
- Now supports PIC18FxxK80, PIC18F6xK22/8xK22, PIC18FxxJ50 and PIC18F6xK90/8xK90, PIC18FxxK42
- Also supports LF versions
Plus LF/HV versions
- PIC12F1822, PIC12F1840
- PIC12F609, PIC12F615, PIC12F617
- PIC12F635, PIC12F683
- PIC12F1571, PIC12F1572
- PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A (HVP mode programming only if Reset pin is not reprogrammed as I/O)
- PIC16F631, PIC16F636, PIC16F639
- PIC16F68x, PIC16F690
- LF versions also supported
Notes: New programmers support 9V VPP for PIC18FxxKxx and PIC16F1xxx. LVP mode is supported on PIC microcontrollers with LVP.
If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 2.1mm barrel
connector, centre positive. These are available on our shop or you can use any wall transformer with these features.
9V International Power supply
for use with this PIC programmer.
PIC Programmer Range
For an overview of our PIC Programmer range, please see
PIC Programmer Overview
in new window