64KB Individual Keyfob Mini-programmer for AVR - USB
USB Port version
A completely portable programmer for In System Programming of AVR flash microcontrollers, for field and production use with 64KB of memory. This programmer comes in a key fob case and has one button operation to eliminate operator errors. Removes the need for a PC on the production line or in the field.
Just load using the 64KB AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer USB Starter Kit
Once the programmer is loaded, just keep plugging it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and EEPROM with a single button press.
Note: This USB keyfob programmer is NOT compatable with parallel port versions or parallel port loader
- Miniture portable AVR programmer, battery powered
- 64KB program memory (for Flash and EEPROM)
- Single button operation
- Dimensions: Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Dimensions: Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Easy to load, easy to use
- Reprogram as many times as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Loaded from PC using USB dongle
- Voltage Support: down to 3.3V. For support down to 1.8V, look at AVR Hand held Programmer
AVR Microcontroller Support
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported, only down to 3.3V.
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support for these, full support for 128KB devices and support down to 1.8V, see
You will need a USB Starter Kit to load this programmer. One USB Starter Kit will allow you to load as many USB Keyfob Mini-programmers as you want. This USB Keyfob can NOT be used with parallel port loader. The Starter kit comes complete with a USB Keyfob Mini-programmer.
You can also buy the USB Starter Kit with 5 Keyfob Mini-programmers.
USB Keyfob Field Service Pack
Extra Keyfob Mini-programmers are available in packs of 5, which gives you a big saving in cost.
USB Keyfob Mini-programmer Multi-pack
The keyfob is NOT designed to cope with faulty target boards, so you should test or isolate target boards first, or use the handheld programmer instead.
A more robust Handheld programmer is available, which is ideal for use on the production line. It operates in the same way as the keyfob but has extra features for production use and 256Kb memory. This programmer is ideal for adding Boot Block code to ATmega128 devices.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
Overview of AVR Programmer Range
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
See Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range