AVR 64KB Keyfob AVR programmer USB Starter Kit
The 64KB AVR keyfob Mini-programmer is a very small standalone programmer for AVR microcontollers with 64KB of storage for program code and EEPROM. This Starter Kit contains all you need to get going with this unique AVR ISP programmer, including a keyfob AVR programmer, USB PC interface and software.
The PC interface is USB port. This kit will NOT work with parallel port keyfob versions
AVR Keyfob Programmer Main features
- Simple Wizard based software for loading Keyfob AVR programmer with program/EEPROM code and fuse and lockbit settings
- PC Interface (USB Port), with 1 metre cable and programming connector
- AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer
- Dimensions:Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Dimensions:Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Easy to load, easy to use
- Reprogram as many times as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Target voltage down to 3.3V
- 64KB Program memory (for Flash and EEPROM)
- Standard 10-way AVR ISP connector
- Spare 12V battery
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8 32 and 64-bit
AVR Microcontroller Support
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported, only down to 3.3V.
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support for these, full support for 128KB devices and support down to 1.8V, see
New devices will be supported as they are released
Once you have one Starter Kit, you can load as many USB keyfob Mini-programmers as you like. This USB AVR Keyfob starter kit is NOT compatible with older parallel port keyfob AVR programmers. Extra keyfob AVR programmers are available:
Individual USB Keyfob AVR programmer
Pack of 5 USB Keyfob AVR programmers
Starter Kit with 5 USB Keyfob AVR programmers
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way AVR ISP header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL AVRISP adapter
AVRISP 6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch AVRISP connector
The keyfob is NOT designed to cope with faulty target boards, so you should test or isolate target boards first, or use the handheld programmer instead.
A more robust Handheld programmer is available, which is ideal for use on the production line. It operates in the same way as the keyfob but has extra features for production use, and has 256KB memory available. This programmer is ideal for adding BootBlock code.
Handheld AVR Programmer
A AVR Keyfob Quick start guide
with recommended AVRISP circuits and setup details can be downloaded here.
This USB AVR Keyfob Programmer is NOT compatable with older parallel port Keyfobs or keyfob starter kits
See Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).