Pack of 5 USB Keyfob Mini-programmer for AVR - USB
This keyfob version has been replaced with KF0030V3, with larger memory and AVR UPDI support. If you really want old keyfob versions for your existing setup, please contact sales.
A pack of 5 completely portable programmers for In System Programming of AVR flash microcontrollers, for field and production use with 64KB of memory. These programmers come in a key fob case and have one button operation to eliminate operator errors. Removes the need for a PC on the production line or in the field.
Once the programmer is loaded, just keep plugging it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and EEPROM with a single button press.
- Minature AVR handheld ISP programmer, battery powered
- Single button operation
- Dimensions: Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Dimensions: Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Easy to load, easy to use
- Reprogram as many times as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Loaded from PC using USB dongle
- Programs targets down to 3.3V
- No battery required with Dongle2 or Dongle3, see below
AVR Microcontroller Support
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported, only down to 3.3V.
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support for these, full support for 128KB devices and support down to 1.8V, see
New devices will be supported as they are released
You will need a USB Starter Kit to load these programmers. One USB Starter Kit will allow you to load as many USB Keyfob Mini-programmers as you want. This USB Keyfob can NOT be used with parallel port loader. The Starter kit comes complete with a USB Keyfob Mini-programmer.
You can also buy the USB Starter Kit with 5 Keyfob Mini-programmers.
USB Keyfob Field Service Pack
AVR Handheld Programmer
The keyfob is NOT designed to cope with faulty target boards, so you should test or isolate target boards first, or use the handheld programmer instead.
A more robust Handheld programmer is available, which is ideal for use on the production line. It operates in the same way as the keyfob but has extra features for production use and 128Kb memory. This programmer is ideal for adding Boot Block code to ATmega128 devices.
Handheld AVR Programmer
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
See Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range
No Battery Requirement
The AVR target must be powered, which also powers keyfob. For programming un-powered target, you need Handheld Programmer.
When loading from PC, Dongle2 (introduced 2013) or Dongle3 will power the keyfob. If you have original Dongle (see label), you will need a battery or to purchase Dongle3 - see Product Accessories below.