USB AVR Programmer with JTAG
AVR In System Programmer (AVR ISP) for the USB port on the PC. Packed with extra features for ATtiny, AT90S and ATmega AVR microcontrollers. This USB AVR programmer is powered from the USB bus, has low voltage target support, is very fast and supports JTAG
as well as AVR ISP. Command line and DLL versions are available free of charge.
- New faster version - ATmega128 Program/Verify in 19 seconds
- Software includes JTAG interface and adapter is supplied for JTAG programming
- DLL and Command line versions available free - see support pages
- AVR Programmer powered by USB bus
- Multiple AVR ISP from 1 PC
- Conforms to USB power requirements,
- Supports USB v1.1 protocol and
USB v2.0 compatible
- Direct USB drivers not Virtual Serial Port
- Programs AVR microcontrollers from 1.8V to 5V
- Uses Kanda standard AVRISP 10-way target interface
- AVR JTAG programming option and adapter included
- Automatic program start on insertion option
Windows OS support
Supports Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, Windows7, Windows8 32 and 64-bit.
Windows 98 and ME are supported up to Software version v2.1.7, available on our support pages. This software version will NOT be updated in future.
Win 95 and early Win98 should work with Microsoft USB update, up to v2.1.7
NT4 is NOT supported, as Microsoft have not updated kernal support and no driver is available
- Simple install and detection of each AVR programmer
- Select AVR ISP or JTAG programmer from drop down list
- Full AVR Fuse and Lockbit support on user friendly screen, with improved default values to improve device detection
- Colour coded Flash and EEPROM buffers
can be edited in Hex and ASCII
- User defined serial numbering in Flash
- Comprehensive Check Sum support
CR16/32, XOR 16/32
- Flexible Auto-program options
- Pop-up Reset on Error feature
prevents errors being ignored -
can be disabled
- Plug and Program mode -
programmer starts automatically
when new target is detected,
if this mode is set. Now with improved interface to identify programmer and operation.
- Full verify or only Verify pages
with data for extra speed
- NEW Clock Source screen uses clock type not Fuse bits for ease of setting correct clock
- NEW support for Binary files, as well as Intel Hex, Motorola etc.
- Read Calibration bytes
- USB AVR ISP Programmer unit - 66 x 66 x 28mm
(2.6 x 2.6 x 1.1 inches)
- 1.8m USB A (PC or Hub) to
USB B (Programmer) cable
- 1m programming lead with Kanda 10-way
- Software CD
- AVR JTAG interface adapter
AVR Microcontroller Support - AVR ISP
- Older AVR: AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167, ATtiny1634
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48, ATtiny441
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88, ATtiny828, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
AVR Microcontroller Support - JTAG
Only newer AVR ATmega devices with 40 pins or more have JTAG interface.
- ATmega16, ATmega162, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega169, ATmega16U4
- ATmega32, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega329, ATmega3290, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega406, ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1, ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega640, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490, ATmega640, ATmega644
- AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64, AT90CAN128
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB162, AT90USB646, AT90USB82
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontroller variants are supported.
DLL and command line versions of this AVR programmer software for use with existing systems e.g. Labview or Visual Basic are available, see support pages for Software Download of DLL and documentation.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
Programmer comes with JTAG Adapter
Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range
Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).