PIC USB Keyfob Mini-programmer Multi-Pack
A Pack of 5 individual USB PIC keyfob mini-programmers for In System Programming of PIC flash microcontrollers in PIC16F and PIC18F families. Ideal for field and production use. Each PIC programmer comes in a key fob case and has one button operation to eliminate operator errors. Removes the need for a PC on the production line or in the field. This Multi-Pack deal gives you big savings.
PIC Keyfob Operation
Just load using the USB port PIC USB Keyfob Mini-programmer Starter Kit
Once the PIC keyfob programmer is loaded, just keep plugging it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and EEPROM with a single button press.
Five PIC USB keyfob mini-programmers
with these features
- Five PIC USB keyfob mini programmers
- 5 6-way SIL adapters
- Easy to load from PC
- Single button operation
- Dimensions: Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Dimensions: Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Powered by target circuit
- Reprogram as many times as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- High Voltage and Low Voltage Programming Modes
- 10-way DIL interface and 6 x 1 SIL adapter
PIC Microcontroller Support
FREE Updates available for new device support.
- PIC18FxxKxx (9V VPP)
- Now Supports PIC18FxxK80, PIC18F6xK22/8xK22, PIC18FxxJ50, PIC18F6xK90/8xK90 and PIC18FxxK83
- Supports PIC18FxxQ10 and PIC18FxxQ4x
- Also supports LF versions
Plus LF/HV versions
- PIC12F1822, PIC12F1840
- PIC12F609, PIC12F615, PIC12F617
- PIC12F635, PIC12F683
- PIC12F1571, PIC12F1572
PIC12F and PIC16F Not supported
- PIC16F627A, PIC16F628A, PIC16F648A (HVP mode programming only if Reset pin is not reprogrammed as I/O)
- PIC16F631, PIC16F636, PIC16F639
- PIC16F68x, PIC16F690
- LF versions also supported
As the PIC keyfob draws power from the target circuit, it operates at the target voltage, down to 3V. However, the BULK ERASE command on older PIC microcontrollers will not work below 4.5V.
So, if your target voltage is below 4.5V locked devices cannot be re-programmed. Older PIC16F microcontrollers (not 16F1xxx) need at least 4.5V in all cases. We recommend the PIC Handheld programmer for low voltage applications as it can power the target.
In HVP mode, if the configuration bits are set for internal master clear and internal oscillator, the PIC device will start to execute code before entering the program mode because the MCLR pin will not hold it in reset. Also, if RB6 and/or RB7 are configured as outputs by the program there may be contention between these pins and the PIC programmer preventing the device from entering the program mode properly.
6 Way Adapter
This adapter has standard Microchip layout, MCLR, VCC, GND, DATA, CLOCK, (LVP). If you require a different pin layout, see 10FLEX in accessories below.
The PIC keyfob is NOT designed to cope with faulty target boards, so you should test or isolate target boards first, or use the PIC handheld programmer instead.
You will need a Starter Kit to load these PIC programmers. One Starter Kit will allow you to load as many PIC Keyfob Mini-programmers as you want. The Starter kit comes complete with a
PIC Keyfob Mini-programmer.
PIC Keyfob USB Starter Kit
You can also buy the Starter Kit with 5 PIC Keyfob Mini-programmers, giving you the PC USB interface, software and Six programmers.
PIC Keyfob USB Field Service Pack
Extra PIC USB Keyfob Mini-programmers are available individually.
PIC USB Keyfob Mini-programmer
PIC USB Handheld Programmer
The PIC Handheld Programmer has these advantages:
- Full 256KB code space
- More protection against faulty target circuits
- Powers target at 3.3 or 5V
- Uses Programming Voltage first method of entering Program Mode in HVP
- Serial numbering
- Limit programs allowed
- Mobile phone loading app
- More device support
See PIC USB Handheld Programmer
for more details