New AVR Kit with Atmel ICE
Teaches microcontroller programming from the start. This training kit is perfect for beginners as it covers everything you need to know from scratch. Unlike Arduino, it helps you understand how the AVR microcontroller works and how to program it in assembler and C language.
It covers all the basics, like logic, number systems and microcontroller structure, before progressing to assembly language and C programming. It is popular with colleges and universities as well as individuals because it teaches you all about the AVR microcontroller in a clear, straightforward way using browser based tutorials, books and lots of sample code running on the hardware.
AVR Trainer 3 Features
This kit is designed to teach you to program AVR microcontrollers, in assembler and C language, and go on to develop your own projects. It assumes that you have very little prior knowledge and begins with the basics.
The browser based tutorials cover everything you need to know in a clear and informative way. This means that you will learn how to use Atmel Studio development environment, debugging with Atmel ICE, how to write programs in assembler and C, all about the AVR microcontroller as well as the hardware needed for your own projects. Truly comprehensive.
- Atmel ICE, complete with leads, adapters and instructions
- Designed around Atmel Studio 7 AVR Development Environment
- AtmelStudio7, available as free download including C compiler
- STK200-X AVR Board has socket support for 8,20,28 and 40-pin microcontrollers
- STK200-X board has USB serial port interface, LED, switches, ADC, LCD and keypad interfaces
- Includes CD books on AVR and Embedded C programming
- Sample code, datasheets and instructions
- Complete browser based tutorials covering all you need to know
- No extra power supply needed, board is powered by USB lead
AVR Development with STK200-X Atmel ICE
Atmel Studio 7 is a very good development environment, and comes with C Compiler to make working in C really easy. The kit has instructions on running and creating projects and connecting hardware to program and debug code from Studio. The browser based tutorials, with a CD book to provide more details, cover everything to get you creating your own projects for the AVR microcontroller.
The Get Going with AVR Book and Embedded C book cover the basics of the AVR and how to write code in assembly language or C and the sample code supplied covers all the major concepts, including UART, LCD and keypads. The tutorials provide a quick route to understanding the basics and running, writing and debugging code.
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8/10 (32 and 64-bit)
STK200-X AVR Board Details
- Separate sockets for different AVR microcontrollers simplifies use
- Easy access to all ports
- ADC circuitry and Pot
- USB serial port with MAX232
- LCD interface.
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Switches and LEDs
- Manual on CD
- ATmega16A AVR device
- AVR board schematics
- Socket support for ATtiny26 and new ATmega devices
- Switches and LEDs can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx) - EEPROM not included
- New Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller devices
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
- Application Builder for AT90S and ATmega8515 and ATmega8535 only
Atmel ICE Tool
A real USB port In Circuit Emulator for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio and runs code on your AVR device. All cables and adapters needed are supplied. It is both a programmer using ISP and JTAG and a debugger using JTAG for 40-pin plus devices and DebugWire for smaller AVR microcontrollers.
Atmel ICE Features
The Atmel ICE uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR devices giving good tining, electrical and code feedback.
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 plus Atmel Studio 7
- Supported by Win 98, 2000, ME, XP, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10, 32 and 64-bit
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- Debugger and programmer
- Supports Assembler or C source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface, ISP and DebugWire support.
- Connections for STK200, STK300 or STK500
AVR TRAIN 3 Contents
- Atmel ICE PCBA emulator and programmer tool
- ISP and DebugWire 6 and 10-wayleads, 10-way JTAG
- 1.27mm (50ml) adapter for Atmel ICE
- Micro-USB lead for Atmel ICE
- Mini-USB lead to power board and for Virtual Serial Port
- STK200-X AVR board with ATmega16A
- Software CD with datasheets, tutorials, books, sample code, instructions and user documentation
Atmel Studio 7 development environment, assembler and C compiler need to be downloaded free of charge from Microchip site, about 850 MB.
Training Kit Accessories
As well as the LCD module and Keypad, we have introduced sensors, Bluetooth modules and prototyping boards that plug straight into a port header on the board. Code examples are on the CD for these accessories, in C and Assembler.