Standalone Portable AVR Programmers
Kanda's portable AVR Programmer is a more adaptable version of our long established AVR handheld Programmer.
It uses our keep it simple
philosophy, which means that it is simpler to use than any other portable programmer.
This unit can hold up to 31 different AVR target settings in separate slots. Each slot is completely independent and is 256KB in size. It can store a description for LCD display, completely different files and fuse information for any AVR and it can be set for either ISP or JTAG programming method at any voltage. This gives you complete flexibility in loading the programmer for any target.
Once the unit has been loaded, it is completely standalone as it is fitted with a rechargeable 9V battery and can power target circuit if required. Slot selection is easy either by number or by scrolling through descriptions. Once a slot is selected, press Program button to update your target AVR microcontroller.
Powering the Programmer
- It is fitted with a 9V PP3 battery, with a spare supplied, which allow 100's of programming operations.
- It can be used with 9V power supply, see accessories for suitable international wall transformer.
- You can fit a rechargeable PP3 battery, see accessories for charger
- It can power target circuit if required.
- Older versions of this programmer included a built-in charger - this has been discontinued
Portable AVR Programmer Operation
- Load your target settings from PC using Kanda USB interface and software included with kit
- On site, select correct target using LCD, keypad or scroll arrows
- Plug into target and press Program button
- Check result on LCD
- That's it, job done - on to next job
- Use mains/wall transformer supplied or 9V PP3 battery
- Fitted with rechargeable 9V PP3 (6F22) battery, see accessories for charger or use your own
- Can operate with standard non-rechareable 9V battery
- Windows OS: Win 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 - 32 and 64-bit
- PC Interface: USB adapter and software included
- Dimensions: 125 x 70 x 25mm (4.8 x 2.6 x 1 inch)
- Weight: 130g (4.5oz)
- Power: 9V PP3 battery or 9V PSU (optional extra), with 2.1mm barrel, centre +ve
- CE marked and RoHS2 compliant
- Capacity: 31 program slots, each of 256KB, to store code, data and fuses for AVR microcontrollers with description, voltage and programming method
- Powers target at 1.8V to 5V, depending on device and your selection
AVR Microcontroller support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
Does not support UPDI or PDI Programming Interfaces - see PP0110V3 in related products.
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower), PA, PB, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
Portable AVR Programmer Kit Contents
- Portable AVR Programmer unit
- USB PC interface and lead
- Software download, including free updates
- 10-way ISP cable
- 6-way ISP lead adapter
- JTAG Adapter
Standalone AVR Programmer Software
Install the software from the CD and plug in the USB interface. The USB
drivers will install automatically.
Now connect the portable programmer to the USB interface and run the software to read the programmer contents. The content of each slot is displayed in a list with its number, title, target AVR microcontroller and filename. You can replace existing slots
or add new slots up to the maximum of 32.
As well as setting target AVR microcontroller and files, each slot can have different programming method (ISP or JTAG), 1.8V to 5V VCC and different options.
Click New or Replace Buttons to load the programmer.
Programmer contents can be saved and loaded to another portable programmer
AVR fuses and lock bits can be edited easily, either on this screen or directly in binary or hex if you have that information instead. They can also be loaded from an Atmel ELF production file.
ELF Production Files
The software can load and use Atmel ELF production files. These are created in Atmel Studio (6.2 on) and include both flash and EEPROM data, fuses and lock bits plus device id.
Load From Command Line
The software can read and save a loaded programmer to a PRG file. Another programmer can be loaded with exactly the same data by clicking Load Button and loading PRG file.
This PRG file can also be loaded from the command line, batch file or a shell execute from another program by calling avrhhp.exe load filename.prj
Selecting Program Slot
The portable programmer has a keypad and LCD display.
Either enter the program slot number as 3 digits eg 003, and press Select or use up and down arrows to scroll through slot titles to required slot and press Select. Empty slots show as Not Available, otherwise slot number and title are shown on LCD.
Programming your AVR target
The targetcan be powered or unpowered. Plug the programmer into your target circuit, using the 10-way cable and header supplied,
or use an adapter for other interfaces such 6-way ISP or 10-pin JTAG, both supplied. Then select target program by number or by scrolling and then press Program button. Programming progress and pass/errors are shown on LCD screen.