Standalone Portable AVR Programmer
Kanda's new portable AVR Programmer is a more adaptable version of our long established AVR handheld Programmer.
It uses our keep it simple
philosophy, which means that it is simpler to use than any other portable programmer.
This unit can hold up to 32 different AVR target settings in separate slots. Each slot is completely independent and is 256KB in size. It can store a description for LCD display, completely different files and fuse information for any AVR and it can be set for either ISP or JTAG programming method at any voltage. This gives you complete flexibility in loading the programmer for any target.
Once the unit has been loaded, it is completely standalone as it is fitted with a rechargeable 9V battery and can power target circuit if required. Slot selection is easy either by number or by scrolling through descriptions. Once a slot is selected, press Program button to update your target AVR microcontroller.
Portable AVR Programmer Operation
- Load your target settings from PC using Kanda USB interface and software included with kit
- On site, select correct target using LCD, keypad or scroll arrows
- Plug into target and press Program button
- Check result on LCD
- That's it, job done - on to next job
- Plug in to recharge battery using mains/wall transformer supplied
- Windows OS: Win 2000, XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 10 - 32 and 64-bit
- PC Interface: USB adapter and software included
- Dimensions: 125 x 70 x 25mm (4.8 x 2.6 x 1 inch)
- Weight: 130g (4.5oz)
- Power: Includes charger circuit and 9V rechargeable battery. 15V power unit/wall transformer included
- CE marked and RoHS2 compliant
- Capacity: 32 program slots, each of 256KB, to store code, data and fuses for AVR microcontrollers with description, voltage and programming method
- Powers target at 1.8V to 5V, depending on device and your selection
AVR Microcontroller support
Supports all L, P, PA, V, A AVR Devices as well
- Older AVR: AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT990S2333, AT90S2343
- AT90S4414, AT90S4433, AT90S8515,AT90S8535, ATmega103
- AT90CAN128, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB646
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284, ATmega128RFA1
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega16M1, ATmega16U2, ATmega16U4
- ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329
- ATmega3290, ATmega32C1, ATmega32M1, ATmega32U2, ATmega32U4, ATmega32U6
- ATmega48, ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649
- ATmega6490, ATmega64C1, ATmega64M1
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88, ATmega8U2
- ATtiny13, ATtiny1634, ATtiny167
- ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny261
- ATtiny4313, ATtiny43U, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny48
- ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861, ATtiny87, ATtiny88
- ATtiny441, ATtiny841
- All P (PicoPower),PA, V, L and A AVR microcontrollers are supported.
Portable AVR Programmer Kit Contents
- Portable AVR Programmer unit
- 15V International Power supply unit/wall transformer
- USB PC interface and lead
- Software CD
- 10-way ISP cable
- 6-way ISP lead adapter
- JTAG Adapter
Standalone AVR Programmer Software
Install the software from the CD and plug in the USB interface. The USB
drivers will install automatically.
Now connect the portable programmer to the USB interface and run the software to read the programmer contents. The content of each slot is displayed in a list with its number, title, target AVR microcontroller and filename. You can replace existing slots
or add new slots up to the maximum of 32.
As well as setting target AVR microcontroller and files, each slot can have different programming method (ISP or JTAG), 1.8V to 5V VCC and different options.
Click New or Replace Buttons to load the programmer.
Programmer contents can be saved and loaded to another portable programmer
AVR fuses and lock bits can be edited easily, either on this screen or directly in binary or hex if you have that information instead.
Selecting Program Slot
The portable programmer has a keypad and LCD display.
Either enter the program slot number as 3 digits eg 003, and press Select or use up and down arrows to scroll through slot titles to required slot and press Select. Empty slots show as Not Available, otherwise slot number and title are shown on LCD.
Programming your AVR target
The targetcan be powered or unpowered. Plug the programmer into your target circuit, using the 10-way cable and header supplied,
or use an adapter for other interfaces such 6-way ISP or 10-pin JTAG, both supplied. Then select target program by number or by scrolling and then press Program button. Programming progress and pass/errors are shown on LCD screen.