Microcontroller Programming Kit with LCD
Want to learn microcontroller programming?
Develop your own microcontroller projects?
Want an Arduino alternative that teaches you microcontroller basics?
This modular kit, based on the latest generation Microchip PIC16F1789 microcontroller, starts with the basics and takes you through
understanding how microcontrollers work, assembly language and C programming for microcontrollers to developing your
own embedded projects. Everything you need in one kit!
- Modular hardware that grows with your needs
- Tutorials covering the basics, embedded C programming and using sensors
- Lessons on using MPLAB X development environment
- 40 sample projects in assembler and C languages
- PIC book on CD
- Microchip PICKit3 programmer and emulator for downloading and debugging projects
- Includes base board, training board and LCD
The base board supports all 8, 14, 20, 28 and 40-pin PIC chips and comes fitted with a PIC16F1789
This is one the latest high performance, low power and large memory PIC chips available. Modules, such as the training
board and LCD supplied with this kit and many others like prototyping boards, sensors and other modules can be connected
to the base board to create a modular embedded system.
The board has a USB interface unlike most PIC boards, which provides an easy interface to your PC. It also has a connector
for the PICKit3 debugger and programmer. The board can powered by USB cable or by PICKit3 so no power supply is needed.
This is a genuine Microchip tool that can be used as a programmer with its own software or as a programmer and
emulator from MPLAB X development environment.
Using an emulator lets you debug your program in real time by stepping through your code to see what happens. This is one of the
many advantages this kit has over any Arduino based system. It also powers the target hardware.
As well as a PIC book on CD that covers all the basics, there are comprehensive HTML based tutorials that cover everything
you need to know to develop your own microcontroller projects. Unlike the Arduino alternative, it actually teaches you about the microcontroller, proper development tools and C programming.
- Microcontroller design and structure
- Numbering systems and logic
- Planning your programs
- How to use MPLAB X IDE effectively
- Programming in assembly language
- C Programming for microcontrollers
- How to download and debug a project
- How to setup and use the microcontroller peripherals like timers, ADC and PWM
- Discover how to interface UART, LCD, keypads, sensors and much more
- Learn how to re-use code and library files to create a complex project
- Create your own projects
- MICRO-X Motherboard with PIC16F1789 device
- MICRO-X training board
- MICRO-X 16 x 2 LCD
- PICKit3 Debugger and Emulator
- Cables, leads and mounting pillars
- CD with tutorials, sample projects, book, datasheets, guides, schematics and more
- MPLAB X and XC8 C compiler for free download
This microcontroller programming kit is the ideal Arduino alternative. Unlike Arduino it operates in the
real world without hiding from you all the basics of embedded system programming. It teaches you how to use
professional development environments and debug tools, teaches you assembly language and C programming as
well as introducing all the skills you need to do your own microcontroller programming.
The kit has everything you need to create your own projects and there are accessories available to expand
the stystem,. including keypads, prototyping boards and sensor packs.