VP-299 Universal Programmer with 40-pin ZIF Socket
Replacement for VP-290
This universal programmer is for a range of devices, including most EEPROMs,
EEPROMs, some PIC microcontrollers, AVR and other microcontrollers like AT89, plus PLDs and flash memory.
It is very fast because it has USB 2.0 interface for Hi-speed data transfer.
VP-299 Universal Programmer Device support
PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, SeriesE(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL and more
Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc.
Some 22V10 PLDs draw too much current for standard programmer and a resistor change will be necessary. This requires two SMD resistors to be changed- see product support link below. Consider VP-598 instead as it has higher programming current.
Note: Maximum VPP is 15V
The full device support
can be seen here.
The device support list includes information for socket adapters required for different packages.
Other Universal Programmers in the range also support more Atmel and Microchip devices and more memory.
Wellon Universal Programmer Range
for an overview of all
Wellon universal programmers.
- USB 2.0 for much faster programming
- 40 Pin ZIF socket with universal pin-drivers.
- USB Interface so programmer can be used with LAPTOPS, PC, PS/2 or compatibles
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16 and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Automaticly identifies the manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs
- Support 1.5v Low voltage devices
- Maximum VPP is 15V
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available up to 44-pin
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Super programming speed.
- Supports Windows Vista/XP/2000/NT/Win 7/ Win 8/ Win 10 (32 and 64-bit)
Programmer Software Features
The software is very comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible Verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Read, Erase, Program, verify and Auto Program
- Buffer edit and save and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
- Easy to read and save device for copying
The 32-bit Programming software can be downloaded here - 35MB Download Program
Contact support for 64-bit version.
- VP-299 40-pin universal programmer
- USB cable
- Power Supply Unit (with US, EU or UK plug adapter to suit your country)
- Software CD