300m USB Bluetooth Adapter, using Blue Soleil Driver
Sena UD100 USB to Bluetooth Adapter with 300 metre range - up to 400m with optional dipole antenna. Supports most Bluetooth profiles - mobile phones, headsets, neworks, Internet, serial ports, mice, keyboards etc. using Blue Soleil Bluetooth software.
UD100 Main Features
For most applications, driver version does not matter. Often Windows has alternative drivers already installed.
- Bluetooth v4.0+EDR Class 1
- Working distance 300m, up to 1000m using optional antenna
- USB 2.0 interface
- Bluetooth driver CD (Blue Soleil driver)
- Please see related products for Toshiba Software version
- Small USB Bluetooth dongle with super long range
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR Class 1
- USB 2.0
|Max Transfer Rate
||3 Mbps (EDR)
||2.402 ~ 2.480GHz
|Transmit Output Power
||+19dBm (+6dBm EDR) E.I.R.P
- Basic 1Mbps: -88 dBm
- EDR 2Mbps: -87dBm
- EDR 3Mbps: -82dBm
- Default Stub Antenna: 1 dBi
- Optional Dipole Antennas: 3 dBi & 5 dBi
- Optional Patch Antenna: 9 dBi
(In Open Field)
- Stub antenna: Stub antenna: 300 m
- Dipole (3 dBi): Dipole (3 dBi) : 400 m
- Dipole (5 dBi): Dipole (5 dBi): 600 m
- Patch antenna: Patch antenna: 1 km
* working distance can vary depending on install environment
|Bluetooth stack software
||DUN, FAX, LAP, SPP, HID, HCRP, FTP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, HSP, HFP,PAN, BIP
See Notes below
|Computer OS Support
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32/64bit)
- Linux (3rd party driver required)
- MAC OS X (MAC OS X driver required)
||72(L) x 22(W) x 10(H) mm
||-20 ~ +70℃
||-40 ~ +85℃
||FCC, CE, TELEC, KCC, Bluetooth SIG
||1 year Limited Warranty
- Stub antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- CD-ROM including Windows Bluetooth driver, User Guide and Data sheet
The quoted 300m range is for open field conditions and may be reduced by obstacles such as walls or by interference. Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless systems can also have dead spots and variations in signal strength across very small distances, a few metres.
300m range assumes two units talking to each other that both have this type of antenna. If a Bluetooth unit at the other end of the link has a poor antenna, the range will be much less. In this situation, range can be improved by fitting the UD100 unit with a stronger antenna, see product accessories below.
Bluetooth specification uses Profiles to allow different types of device to talk to each other, even if they are from different manufacturers. A lot of Bluetooth devices only use a limited set of profiles for the task they need to do, but this device supports most of the possible profiles so can communicate with nearly all Bluetooth devices.
- DUN, Dial-up Networking Profile, connecting to Internet and other dial-up services
- FAX, Fax Profile, PC fax software connection
- LAP, Lan Access Profile, for adhoc Bluetooth networks and connection to WAN, LAN and Internet
- SPP, Serial Port Profile, for UART type connections
- HID, Human Interface Device Profile, for mice, keyboards, joysticks etc
- HCRP, Hard Copy Cable Replacement Profiles, alternative to printer cable but drivers still needed
- FTP, File Transfer Protocol, for file and folder transfer
- OPP, Object Push Profile, for sender to initiate Object transfer - pictures, data tables
- A2DP, Advanced Audio Distribution, high quality audio streaming, especially stereo
- AVRCP, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile, standard interface for TVs etc, plus playback control
- GAVDP, Generic Audio/Video Distribution Profile, For A2DP and VDP
- HSP, Headset Profile, for mobile phone and other headsets
- HFP, Hands Free Profile, for mobile phone hands-free kits
- PAN, Personal Area Network, update to LAP profile
- BIP, Basic Image Profile, for sending images
Mac and Linux Drivers
The UD100 is generic USB Bluetooth dongle with external antenna.
You can use Bluez package on your Linux OS.
Bluez is the Official Linux Bluetooth protocol stack.
For more information, please refer Bluez ORG
MAC OS X (MAC OS X driver required)
Bluetooth USB Adapters
Bluetooth USB adapters, also called Bluetooth USB dongles, come in different types from short range devices that are OK for headsets and nearby printers to very long range units that have a range of over 1Km, such as SD100U
. The UD100 USB Bluetooth adapter fits in the middle. Because it has an external stub antenna and powerful wireless circuit, it can easily achieve a 300 m (330 yard) range. This can be extended by changing to a DIPL antenna.