AVR Microcontroller Starter Kit
The STK200 AVR Kit designed by Kanda for Atmel AVR and ATmega microcontrollers is the most successful microcontroller
kit EVER produced. Over 30,000 STK200 Kits have been sold world-wide for embedded system development and
learning microcontrollers using the Atmel AVR. Now Kanda have updated and improved this classic STK200 AVR Development Kit.
STK200 Main Features
The STK200 is designed for everyone from complete beginners to experienced engineers, and includes all the software, hardware and information
required for AVR development, with a microcontroller tutorial for beginners - the ideal way to learn microcontrollers.
- No external power supply needed
- Designed around Atmel Studio 7 Development environment
- C compiler, integrated into Atmel Studio
- Get Going with... AVR Microcontrollers book on CD
- Embedded C book on CD
- Sample code, full instructions and schematics
- Tutorials on basics, assembly language and C programming
- USB ISP programmer, with its own software or it can easily be integrated into Studio 7
- Comprehensive STK200 Board
- Board can be powered by programmer or USB lead included
The STK200 is a low cost solution, and does not include an emulator. Atmel Studio 7 has a simulator for basic emulation and the ISP programmer is used to run code on the board.
The STK200 AVR Dragon
includes an emulator.
STK200 Board Main Features
- Socket support for 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin microcontrollers
- All ports available on header pins
- Switches,LEDs and LCD can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx)
- Multiple Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller microcontrollers
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
- LCD interface
- UART (RS232) to USB convertor on board
- 3 or 5V operation
- ATmega16A microcontroller fitted
STK200 Kit Contents
The STK200 does not need a separate power supply as it can be powered by the AVRISP-U programmer or
directly with USB cable
- STK200 board with Atmega16A microcontroller
- Application Builder ATmega8515 and ATmega8535
- USB In-System Programmer, plugs in to Studio or uses standalone software and can power STK200 board
- AVR Studio (copyright (c) Atmel Corp.) free download
- C Compiler integrated into Studio
- Assembler and C examples - UART, Keypad, LCD, switches, LEDs and many more
- Complete User manual, guides, schematics, code examples and datasheets
- Tutorials on the basics of programming, assembler and C
- Embedded C book on CD
- Get Going with...AVR book on CD
- ISP programmer supports all serial programmable Attiny and Atmega devices
- Equivalent low voltage (L) microcontrollers and all V, A, PA and other variants are supported
- Board has socket support for all 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin microcontrollers
See - STK300 Kit
for socket support for 64-pin microcontrollers, like ATmega128, ATmega2561.
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8/10 (32 and 64-bit)
Software Details - STK200 Kit
Application Builder- STK200 Development Kit
The STK200 Application Builder uses wizards to generate set-up code for Atmega8515/8535 timers, UART, USART, ADC, SPI, ports, watchdog and interrupts.
The stack pointer, external SRAM access and other microcontroller features can also be set. Allows you to quickly create source code templates,
code examples and test routines, getting you started quickly. Includes Bootloader setup code.
Atmel Studio 7 development environment, is available as a free download. It has all you need
including full editor, assembler and simulator for all devices. This is the best development system from any semiconductor manufacturer
by a long way. The ISP programmer can be integrated into Studio or can be run separately using its own software.
Unlimited WinAVR C Compiler
WinAVR GNU C-compiler AVRGCC is integrated into Studio development environment, enabling projects to be developed in C or Assembler.
The ISP uses USB port and includes silent install.
The software has
- Flash and EEPROM memory editable buffers
- Comprehensive and easy to use fuse and lock bit screens
- Automatic ISP speed setting
- Device identification
- Serial numbering, RC calibration byte reading
- Program, verify, read and erase functions
Tutorials, schematics, sample code etc.
The kit includes a comprehensive set of browser based tutorials that cover the basics of AVR programming, assembly language and C. They explain the sample projects in detail. There are board schematics, device datasheets and manuals. There is also 2 books on
and on Embedded C programming
on the CD. There is also a range of sample code files,
covering basic I/O, UART, LCD, External memory and other topics.
Starter Kit Accessories
We have a range of accessories that plug straight into the port headers on the STK200 board. Code examples are on the CD
for all accessories. Extra jumper leads are available to easily connect your own boards.