Advanced AVR Training kit
This AVR trainer kit is ideal for AVR training and development, as it uses latest Atmel Studio 7, AVR Dragon ICE and programmer with support for all AVR microcontrollers and the Kanda STK200-X AVR Board. This gives all the benefits of AVR Dragon - AVR ISP, DebugWire and JTAG - coupled with STK200-X AVR board - easy to use, flexible and expandable, plus AVRStudio 7, the most sophisticated AVR development suite yet. A complete AVR kit for training and development.
STK200-X with AVR Dragon features
This advanced AVR training kit allows emulation and programming of almost all AVR devices, in 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin packages, with complete tutorials, instructions, sample code and books on CD.
- AVR Dragon ICE, complete with leads, adapters and instructions
- Based on free Atmel Studio7 AVR Development Environment
- STK200-X AVR Board has socket support for 8,20,28 and 40-pin AVR microcontrollers
- STK200-X has USB serial port, LED, switches, ADC, LCD and keypad interfaces
- STK200-X AVR Board is fitted with 40-pin ATmega16
- Includes CD books on AVR and Embedded C programming
- Tutorials, sample code, AVR datasheets and instructions
- STK200-X board can be powered by AVR Dragon or USB lead, no extra power supply needed
AVR Development with STK200-X AVR Dragon
AtmelStudio 7 is a very good development environment, and comes with C Compiler to make working in C really easy. The kit has instructions on creating projects and connecting hardware to program and debug code from Studio.
The Get Going with AVR Book and Embedded C book cover the basics of microelectroics and logic, the AVR microcontroller and how to write code in assembly language or C and the sample code supplied covers all the major peripherals, including UART, LCD and keypads.
The browser based tutorials cover everything from basic concepts to developing your own projects in assembler or C language.
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8/10 (32 and 64-bit)
STK200-X AVR Board Details
- Separate sockets for different AVR microcontrollers simplifies use
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and USB based UART
- LCD interface. LCD modules are available separately
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Switches and LEDs
- Manual on CD
- ATmega16 40-pin AVR device
- STK200-X AVR board schematics
- Socket support for ATtiny26 and new ATmega devices
- Switches, LCD and LEDs can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx)
- New Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller devices
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
AVR Dragon Tool
A USB port In Circuit Emulator for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel Studio and runs code on your AVR microcontroller using AVR on-chip debug engine. All cables and adapters needed are supplied. It is both a programmer using ISP and JTAG and an emulator using JTAG for 40-pin plus devices and DebugWire for smaller pin count AVR microcontrollers.
AVR Dragon Features
The AVR Dragon uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR devices giving exact electrical and code feedback.
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 to Atmel Studio 7
- Supported by XP and Win 7, Win 8 and Win 10, 32 and 64-bit
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- Debugger and programmer
- Supports Assembler or C source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface, ISP and DebugWire support.
- Connections for STK200, STK300 or STK500 AVR boards
- Can power STK200-X AVR board from PC USB port
STK200 AVR Dragon Contents
- AVR DRAGON emulator and programmer tool
- ISP, JTAG, DebugWire and power leads
- USB lead for Dragon
- Mini-USB lead for board power and serial communications
- STK200-X AVR board with ATmega16
- Software CD with datasheets, tutorials, books, sample code, instructions and user documentation
Starter Kit Accessories
As well as the LCD module and Keypad
shown in related products, there are sensor packs, Bluetooth modules, prototyping boards that plug straight into a port header on the board. Code examples are on the CD for these and other accessories, in C and Assembler.
This kit is also known as STK200-X-DRAGON product.