ATF15xx-DK3-U Microchip CPLD Programmer and Development Kit
Kanda in partnership with Microchip are offering an updated USB version of Microchip's ATF15xx-DK3 CPLD development kit and programmer. This kit is perfect for programming and evaluating
the ATF15xx series of logic doubling Microchip Complex Programmable Logic Devices (CPLD). The Atmel ATF15xx-DK3-U kit is perfect for designing and evaluating the ATF15xx series,. It can also be used as a programmer for these devices.
Once your design is finished, you can insert a sample ATF15xx family device in to the 44-TQFP socket board included in the kit
and program it. Programming is done via the industry standard 10-pin JTAG connector on the main board using free Microchip ATMISP software
and the USB port cable included in the package.
- CPLD Development / Programmer Base Board (ATF15xx-DK3)
- 44-pin TQFP Socket Adapter Module (ATF15xxDK3-SAA44)
- ATF15xx USB-based ISP Download Cable (ATDH1150USB-K)
- Two ATF15xx 44-pin CPLD Sample Devices - currently may not be TQFP
The kit needs a power supply, which is not included - see Product Accessories below. This power supply needs
to be 9V DC output at 500mA or higher with a 2.1mm / 5.5mm (ID / OD) output connector (female, center positive).
Main Board Details
The main board has a socket to accommodate the supplied TQFP44 socket board. Other socket boards are
available for different package types, such as 44-pin PLCC, 84-pin PLCC, 100-pin TQFP and 144-pin TQFP. The socket
board has expansion headers for easy access to the CPLD pins.
The 10-pin JTAG connector for the USB programmer included in the kit is also on the main board. Other features include:
- 10-way JTAG ISP header and JTAG output for device chaining
- 2 MHz Crystal Oscillator
- Four 7-segment LED Displays
- Eight switches
- Eight Individual LEDs
- VCC Operation: 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5.0V
- Easy Access to CPLD I/O Pins
- Global Clear, Output Enable, I/O and Power Switches
Software and Documentation
All software and guides needed for this kit are available on Atmel's website including
Microchip PLD Design Software
- ATMISP USB ISP software, supports device chaining, SVF and JED files
- Free WinCUPL, Atmel's development software supports the PLD design flow for all Atmel SPLDs and CPLDs
- POF2JED software for converting Programming Output Files (POF) to Atmel JED files for programming
- Microchip ProChip Designer development software supports VHDL and Verilog design flows - license required