PRESTO USB ISP for Atmel 89S Microcontrollers
PRESTO USB port programmer
Very fast microcontroller ISP programmer self powered from USB bus with enhanced ISP programming capability. Supports a wide range of microcontrollers including all 89S series microcontrollers at 3-5V target...
Shipping to United States
Recorded Airmail: $9.75
PRESTO USB Programmer
Very fast microcontroller ISP programmer self powered from USB bus with enhanced ISP programming capability. Supports a wide range of microcontrollers including all 89S series microcontrollers at 3-5V target voltage or powered by the PRESTO programmer at 5V operation.
Includes support for dsPIC, PIC24, Serial EEPROMs, AVR and other microcontrollers as well as 89S microcontrollers using fast ISP.
Also supports CPLD and other devices that use JTAG
89S Programmer Features
- Wide range of microcontrollers supported
- Very fast programmer operation
- Programmer controlled and powered by USB
- Microcontroller target application voltage 3 to 5 V
- Overcurrent and overvoltage protection for target microcontroller
- GO button
- Includes an 8 way flying lead adapter
PRESTO USB Programmer Detail
- PRESTO is optimized for programming speed and it is a really very fast PIC programmer. For example, the full PIC18F8720 microcontroller is programmed and verified in 6 seconds! (3 seconds for programming and 3 seconds for verification). Complete eCOG1 in less than 3 seconds.
- In-Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP) is a very useful and often used PIC microcontroller feature. PRESTO programmer directly supports this function using a dedicated connector and an included cable. In comparison to other ASIX' programmers, the ICSP connector is enhanced - there are two more pins allowing support of wider range of PIC microcontrollers.
- The target microcontroller can be either powered by PRESTO Programmer (5 V nominally) or can be powered by an application, within a voltage range 3 to 5 V (with 10% tolerance).
- GO button allows user to start microcontroller programming easily, without the need for a PC keyboard or mouse. LEDs indicate programmer status - green LED ON-LINE indicates the USB connection and yellow LED ACTIVE indicates that PRESTO is just working (programming, reading, ...)
- Overcurrent limitation of target supply and programming voltages remarkably reduce the risk of damaging the PIC microcontrollers because of user mistakes. Target supply overvoltage detection is also implemented.
- PRESTO programmer is powered from the USB bus, so there is no need for any additional supply adaptor.
- PRESTO programmer is small, lightweight and compact.
- Software upgrades are freely available for all users on the Internet. They contain new device support, new functions and algorithm updates when required.
The software is very comprehensive but simple to use.
- Separate Code and Data windows
- Configuration and Security screen with clear descriptions and easy settings
- Comprehensive microcontroller support
- Varied programming, read and verify options - Program All, Program Code, Data or Configuration Only etc.
- Extra Features such as Serial Numbers, Program counts, user settable Hot Keys
- Atmel 8051 Family
AT89S2051, AT89S4051, AT89S51, AT89S52, AT89S53, AT89S8252, AT89S8253, AT89LP6440
- Atmel AVR MCUs
Devices with SPI low voltage serial downloading - for example ATtiny12, AT90S8535, ATmega128
- Microchip PIC Microcontrollers
Serially programmable PICMicro (all Flash and the most popular OTP/JW), including J and K devices
- dsPIC30, dsPIC33, PIC24, MSP43x and PIC32MX
- Cyan Technology eCOG1
Including basic debug control via eICE interface (Run, Stop, Reset).
- Cypress PSoC
- Components with JTAG interface
- types which can be programmed using SVF or XSVF file - for example
- CPLD - Xilinx (XC95xx, CoolRunner, ...), Altera and others
- FPGA configuration Flash PROMs - Xilinx (XC18Vxx, XCFxxS)
- Atmel ATxmega
- Serial EEPROMs
- I2C (24LCxx)
- Microwire (93LCxx)
- SPI (25Cxx)
- SPI DataFlash (AT45DB)
- TI Microcontrollers, CC25xxx, CC111xxx
Link to Full Device Support List
A board with a ZIF socket for use with this USB Programmer is available.
Click for details about ISP to ZIF board
Download and Save JTAG Player for CPLD
||Order Code: PRESTO-89S
||Price: $110.00 |
|Shipping to United States: ||Recorded airmail - $9.75|| Express price - $19.00|