USB PLD Kit for Training
A training and development system for Programmable Logic Devices - PLD. This unique training kit allows you to learn the principles, try out the code and program devices. As well as a USB programmer for Atmel 16V8, 20V8 and 22V10 flash PLD, the starter USB PLD Kit includes a training board, CUPL compiler and a Get Going with PLD book on CD.
USB PLD Kit Contents
- Software Development Environment
- Atmel CUPL
- USB Programmer with ZIF socket for PLD and memory
- Evaluation, training board
- Get going with PLD book on CD
Device Support - USB PLD Kit
- Atmel ATF16V8B, AT16V8BQL, ATF16V8C
- Atmel ATF20V8B - this device is obsolete
- Atmel ATF22V10C
- The programmer also supports Lattice PLD and a wide range of Serial EEPROMs, flash and EEPROM chips, as well as some microcontrollers.
The full Programmer Device support list is here in new window
Operating Systems - USB PLD Kit
The version of CUPL supplied does not work in 64-bit systems
- Win2000, ME, XP, 32 and 64-bit
- Win Vista, Win7, Win 8, Win 10 32 and 64-bit
WinCUPL, available free from Microchip, does operate in 64-bit O.S. The programmer also has a software version for 64-bit systems.
Download WINCUPL from Microchip Site
A serial number is given on this page, note it down to use during installation.
Hardware Description - USB PLD Kit
- Training Board with LEDs, 7-segment display and switches including Clock and Output Enable.
- USB Programmer with 40-pin ZIF socket for device programming, with power supply
- Atmel ATF16V8 device, re-programmable thousands of times
- Training board requires 9 VDC Power supply with 2.1mm Barrel connector, centre positive, which is NOT included. Suitable 9V International Power supply for use with this kit is listed below.
Software Description - USB PLD Kit
- Kanda Template software, for Pin Assignment, I/O configuration etc. including editor and Compiler Interface.
- Atmel CUPL software for design compilation
- Training book on CD - a complete logic and CUPL tutorial with worked examples
CUPL is a popular compiler and logic description language for PLDs. CUPL also includes fitters for Atmel devices, AT16V8 etc.
This USB PLD Kit package is used by universities and companies worldwide for training on basic logic and PLDs and configuration languages. The USB PLD Kit can also be used as a low cost programming unit.