Ways to control the Cyclone include programming launch, recovering results, managing images resident on a Cyclone, adding unique programming data for each target, as well as recovering descriptive errors.
The latest Cyclone installation software includes the Cyclone Control Suite. Simply install the software and use the capabilities of the Cyclone Control Suite with any Cyclone unit, regardless of model or purchase date.
Cyclone Control Suite consists of three major components:
Cyclone Control GUI
This is an interactive GUI based application which provides an easy way to control Cyclones and manage images resident in the Cyclones. Given its graphical nature, it is very easy to explore Cyclone Control Suite capabilities to intuitively control or interact with a Cyclone.
Cyclone Control Console
A powerful command-line application can be launched from a script, a command-line, or another application and allows control of one or more Cyclones simultaneously. The command-line application displays comprehensive status messages and also returns an error code which can be recovered from the calling application.
Cyclone Control SDK
A Software Development Kit with a comprehensive API allowing multiple Cyclones to be managed simultaneously from a user developed custom application that loads the provided Cyclone Control DLL. The DLL can be loaded from many programming languages that are able to load a DLL (C, C++, Java, Python, Delphi, C#, etc) as well as environments such as LabView. Examples and interface code are provided in C (MSVC and GCC), LabVIEW, C#, Python, and Delphi/FPC.
The Console and GUI were both built with the SDK and are good examples of the types of applications which can be built using the SDK.
The Cyclone comes with a Standard Automation features and the Cyclone FX comes with the Standard as well as advanced features. It is possible to upgrade the Cyclone to include advanced features by purchasing the Advanced Automation License.Cyclone Control Suite - Features
The Cyclone Control Suite provides the following Standard Features in the SDK, Console, and GUI control application for all Cyclones (no license required):
- Control a single Cyclone via USB, Serial, or Ethernet connections
- Select and Launch Images by Name or Enumeration
- Add/Remove/Update a single image in the Cyclone
- Add/Remove/Update multiple images (GUI)
- Recover programming result and descriptive error information
- Use automatically counting local (Cyclone stored) serial numbers
- Read and write Cyclone properties
- Read image and target properties
- Remote Display Access (GUI)
There are also Advanced Features in the Cyclone Control Suite which require either (a) a Cyclone FX programmer (no license required), or (b) a non-FX based Cyclone with an Advanced Automation License installed. These Advance Features include :
- Simultaneously (Gang) Control of multiple Cyclones via the USB, Serial, or Ethernet connections
- Add/Remove/Update many images in the Cyclone (Console, SDK, GUI)
- Program (and Read) Dynamic Data in addition to fixed image data
Note that the Advanced Features in the Cyclone Control Suite do not require a license for use with Cyclone FX programmers.