Kanda AVR Programmer Offers
Our AVR Programmer range is competively priced, high quality and efficient. They can be shipped worldwide by recorded airmail or TNT Express. Secure online payment by credit card or Paypal or you can request payment by bank transfer during checkout.
USB AVR Programmer with JTAG
Enhanced AVR Dragon Programmer and Emulator
Low cost USB port AVR ISP
64KB Individual Keyfob Mini-programmer for AVR - USB
256K Hand Held AVR Programmer for AVR
Everyone has a different requirement for programming the Atmel AVR Microcontroller, from the basic 'how do I get started', through updating AVR microcontrollers in the field using AVR ISP, to full scale production of thousands of circuit boards. The best solution for you depends on how you answer these simple questions:
- Have you got experience with AVR programmers and the Atmel AVR microcontroller?
If not, we suggest a combined AVR ISP Programmer and development kit - see AVR Trainer including AVR JTAG ICE
- Do you want to program the Atmel AVR microcontroller in a socket, in small volume?
The lowest cost solution is the VP-480 48-pin Universal Programmer
- Do you want to program the AVR microcontroller in a socket, in large volume?
The Xeltek Programmer range includes USB Programmers and Gang Programmers for all AVR microcontrollers,
- Do you want a simple USB AVR Programmer for your PC, for In System Programming (AVR ISP) of AVR Microcontrollers?
The AVR ISP-U Programmer supports all new AVR microcontrollers, including ATtiny, ATmega, AT90USB and AT90CAN using ISP?
- Do you want AVR ISP and JTAG programing on one PC, need a DLL or commandline or want to program old AT90S microcontrollers?
The AVRUSB AVR Programmer supports all Atmel AVR microcontrollers, including AT90S, has command line and DLL versions and up to 8 programmers can be run from 1 PC?
- Do you want to program the AVR microcontroller without a PC?
For an AVR Programmer that doesn't use a PC for AVR ISP, either for production or field updates, you need our Keyfob or handheld AVR programmers.
- Do you need a Keyfob AVR Programmer or a Handheld AVR Programmer?
The Keyfob AVR Programmer is a lower cost portable AVR ISP but is less robust, has less memory and cannot power target. Please see
Keyfob AVR ISP Programmer:
Handheld AVR ISP Programmer:
- Do you want an AVR programmer that also programs other devices such as flash memory or more microcontrollers?
A wide range of USB Universal Programmers, with socket and ICSP programming can be viewed in our USB Universal Programmer Range
- Do you want an AVR Emulator as well as a programmer?
JTAG ICE with limited device support, JTAG only
JTAG ICE mkII with full device support - JTAG and DebugWire
AVR DRAGON with full device support - JTAG and DebugWire
- Do you know who produced the first commercial AVR programmer?
The answer is Kanda, way back when the only AVR microcontroller was the AT90S1200.
- Who defined the standard 10-way interface for AVR ISP?
Again it was Kanda who defined this standard. PIC users STILL do not have a standard interface, so they must keep using individual leads.
- Why do most programmers use a similar GUI?
Because they have all copied the Kanda User Interface. Buffer with Hex and ASCII, colour for Verify errors, Fuse layouts etc. These were all Kanda developments for In System Programmers.
- Who invented the low cost starter kit for microcontrollers?
Kanda developed the STK200 AVR development kit, the first low cost evaluation kit for microcontrollers - and produced 40,000 of them - and they are still selling.
- The first USB programmer for AVR microcontrollers was developed by...?
You guessed it, Kanda again.
- Has anyone other than Kanda been able to produce an AVR programmer in a keyfob case?
No, because Kanda are the AVR programmer experts.
We can also tell you that we design and manufacturer our whole AVR ISP range in-house, unlike other programmer companies. No subcontract designers or out-sourced production to give problems with updates or quality. It also means our technical support staff are involved in the development of the product from the beginning as they know the type of problems YOU encounter.
And another thing. We don't add our AVR support as an after thought to our PIC programmer!
Have we said enough to convince you?
- What about our free upgrade policy?
- Our world wide delivery?
- Our rapid technical support?
- Our easy to use software?
- Our fast and reliable AVR programming?
If you haven't designed your AVR microcontroller ISP circuit yet, then have a look at our recommended AVR Microcontroller ISP interface. This combines various features to give a good AVR ISP circuit, and shows incorrect AVR ISP designs. It also shows target connector PCB layout for 6-way and 10-way ISP interfaces
AVR ISP Circuit Schematic Guide in new window.
If you want a 6-way DIL, Micromatch or just a row of pin headers on your target circuit, adapters are available to convert to different ISP layouts.
AVR ISP header adapters
Kanda are supplying the orginal Parallel Port AVR ISP software free of charge.
Please see AVR ISP software