VP-596 USB Universal Programmer with 48-pin ZIF Socket
The VP-596 programmer is a universal programmer with support for many devices, including lots of memory chips, AVR and other microcontrollers like AT89, dsPIC and PIC microcontrollers, EEPROMs, plus PLDs and flash memory.
The full device support
can be seen here, in new window.
Other Universal Programmers in the range also support Microchip devices plus devices from other manufacturers.
See Wellon Programmer Range
for an overview of the universal programmer range.
VP-596 Universal Programmer Features
- Dimension:168*108*26mm,weight:300g (plus PSU).
- 48 Pin ZIF socket with universal pin-drivers.
- USB Interface so programmer can be used with LAPTOPS, PC, PS/2 or compatibles
- Accepts most compiler outputs in JEDEC format including ABEL, CUPL, PALASM, TANGO PLD, OrCAD PLD, PLD Designer and ISDATA
- Manages 16 and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multiarray fuse map editor
- Test TTL/CMOS logic ICs and Dynamic/Static Random Access Memory devices
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Auto identifies TTL/CMOS logic IC
- Automaticly identifies the manufacturer and type of E(E)PROMs
- Supports 1.5v low voltage devices
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Fast programming speed.
- Supports IC Card programming
- Supports WindowsXP/Vista/Windows7/Windows8 (32bit and 64bit)
- Power Supply included
VP-596 Software Features
The software is very comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development.
- Device SELECT includes package information, adapter type, part number description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible Verify options, including VCC+/-10%
- Blank check, Erase, Program, verify, Auto Program, buffer edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The Programming software can be downloaded here - 17MB Download Program
Device support and Socket Adapters
PROM: N/CMOS E(E)PROM, SeriesE(E)PROM, and FLASH Memory
PLD: CPLD, EPLD, GAL,PEEL,PALCE and more
Microcontroller: Atmel, Intel, Microchip, Signetics, Zilog, etc.
TTL (74 series), CMOS (40/45 series) Logic IC
DRAM (4164, 41464 ...), SRAM (2114, 6116 ...) memory device
The full device support
can be seen here. The device support list includes information for socket adapters required for different packages.
- VP-596 48-pin universal programmer
- USB cable
- Power Supply Unit
- Software CD