Serial Port to wireless adapter - class 1
The Parani10 uses Bluetooth wireless to allow serial devices to communicate at long distances - 100m with standard antenna and up 1.2Km with optional patch antenna. This means that you can create a virtual serial lead, a PC Bluetooth interface or a wireless network with no effort.
- Use 2 Parani-SD100 modules as a wireless serial lead that just replaces your serial cable
- Use a PARANI10 and a USB to Bluetooth adapter to provide a wireless link for serial port products - see Related Products
- Connect a Parani-SD100 module to your serial equipment and communicate with other Bluetooth devices
- Connect a Parani-SD100 adapter to your PC serial Port and create an instant Bluetooth interface
- Use the Bluetooth IP Gateway to connect up to 7 Parani-SD100 wireless to serial adapters to your LAN, to replace muliple serial port connections.
So, where ever you have RS232 leads, you can instantly create a Bluetooth wireless connection without any effort on your part using the Pirani-SD100.
Configuring the Parani-SD100 for your needs could not be easier. The Windows Connection Manager is a simple Wizard that allows you to set up the serial connection (Com Port, Baud Rate, Parity, Stop Bits, hardware control etc) followed by Bluetooth Interface (scan for different devices, lock to one particular device, search for other Bluetooth equipment). You do not need to know anything about Bluetooth to use this software.
For those of you who do want more control, this serial Bluetooth wireless adapter can also be configured via a Terminal Program such as Hyperterm, using standard AT Modem commands.
- RS232 cable replacement
- Truck/bus monitoring equipment
- Car diagnostics
- Wireless POS system
- Wireless factory monitoring
- Remote PLC programming and machine control
- Wireless printing and logistics
- And any application that needs simple remote monitoring or control
- Note Parani10 only works with 8-bit data, not 7-bit
- 5-12V, 150mA minimum
- Power from DC Adapter included
- or USB Power cable
- or by Pin 9 of DB9 serial connector
- Windows Device Manager
- Terminal Program using AT command set
- Serial Port
- RS232, female DB9 connector
- Hardware Flow control
- DTR/DSR for loop back and full transfer
- 8-bit data only
- Bluetooth v1.2, Class 1, level- 18dBm
- Protocols - RFCOMM, L2CAP, SDP
- Profiles - General Access Profile, Serial Port Profile
- Range - 100m with standard antenna, up to 1.2Km with patch antenna
- Antenna gain Stub : +2dBi, Dipole : +3dBi, Patch : +9dBi
- Receive sensitivity - -88dBm
- Dimensions 91 x 31 x 16 mm
- Dimensions 3.8 x 1.2 x 0.6 inches
- Weight 25g (1 oz)
- Parani10 - Bluetooth Serial Adapter
- DC Power cable
- Stub antenna
- Software on CD
Software available for download.