Wireless Serial Device Server
A new wireless network to serial port convertor using a 802.11b WiFi connection for the network interface, and RS232 serial port connection. With support for many protocols, 128-bit WEP security and static or dynamic IP addresses, the LS100W serial to WiFi converter provides a simple and secure solution for connecting serial devices to networks via wireless.
- Connects serial devices to WiFi network.
- Supports RS232 based serial devices via DB9 serial port.
- Serial data transfer rate up to 115Kbps.
- Reliable TCP/IP protocol stack.
- PPPoE protocol for DSL connection to broadband network.
- Low-price model for lowest transition cost.
- Configuration via telnet or serial port.
- Management software for configuration and administration
- Includes COM Port redirector software for easy transition
Benefits and Applications
Connecting serial devices to a network using wireless gives lots of benefits including reduced cabling costs, more freedom in positioning equipment and the ability to transfer information via the network across the LAN or to other sites. The security features built-in to the LS100W mean that the data transfer is completely safe.
Application areas where the LS100W can be used include Point-of-Sale, industrial automation, building control and security.
View User manual (2.5MB)
- LS100W Wireless Serial Device Server
- Quick start guide
- External 110V or 230V power supply
- Serial data cable
Wireless Server Details
- Serial Interface
- Male DB9 serial port
- Serial speeds: 1200bps to 115Kbps
- Flow Control: Hardware RTS/CTS
- Signals, RS232: Rx, Tx, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, GND
- Network Interface
- 802.11b WiFi with Prism III compatible chipset
- Supports Ad Hoc mode and Infrastructure mode
- Supports 128-bit WEP security
- Supports static and dynamic IP address
- Protocols and security
- ARP, IP/ICMP, TCP/IP, Telnet, DHCP client, PPPoE
- User ID & Password
- Management, Power, Physical, etc
- Management: Telnet, Serial console program
- Diagnostic LED: Power, Ready, 10 Base-T Link, Act, Serial Rx, Tx
- Power: Supply voltage = 9V ~ 30V DC
Supply current = 300mA @ 9V DC
- Dimension (LxWxH): 100 x 72 x 25 (mm),
3.9 x 2.8 x 1.0 (in.)
means peer to peer transfer of serial data via 802.11 wireless i.e. a wireless serial lead between different serial equipment or between equipment and a PC.
means that data is transfered via a wireless access point and the LS100W, or multiple LS100W units, are individual nodes on a complete wireless network, that may include wireless Internet or other functions.
COM Port Redirector
software allows existing software to continue to talk to a serial port even though the connection is actually via a network link. This software creates a Virtual Serial Port
for your program to talk to.