SBC with Ethernet and 1 GByte NAND Flash and Linux
The DIL/NetPC DNP/2486
module is a very compact 32-bit x86-based low power embedded controller using Linux and Java6, with 1 GByte NAND Flash Memory,
TCP/IP stack, web server, Telnet server, TFTP client and FTP server for embedded networking with Ethernet connectivity in industrial and laboratory environments. The DNP/2486
offers the footprint of a standard 64-pin DIL socket with 2.54 mm centers (0.1 inch pin grid) and all the hardware and software features which are necessary to add embedded networking capabilities to any product and system design. The DNP/2486
is developed specifically for embedded gateway and data logger applications which need to be
connected to 10/100 Mbps Ethernet-based TCP/IP networks with minimum development costs.
Why use DNP-2486
The DNP/2486 comes as a ready-to-run embedded networking system for Ethernet- and TCP/IP-based gateway applications. The use of the DNP/2486 will allow you to realize a substantial time and cost saving over other chip-based approaches. Currently, there is no other 32-bit embedded networking solution with 1 GByte NAND Flash, pre-installed O/S, high-speed 480 Mbps USB 2.0 host interface, Sun Java 6 Platform Standard Edition Runtime Environment (J2SE JRE) support, 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, full TCP/IP and more development time saving features on the market.
To interface the DNP/2486 with existing devices and equipment, the DNP/2486 offers two asynchronous serial RS232C interfaces with TTL levels and handshake signals, an USB 2.0 host interface with up to 480 Mbps, an Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), 20-bit general purpose high-speed parallel I/Os and an 8-bit extension bus with interrupt inputs and chip select outputs. There are two ways for DNP/2486 integration: 1. Adapt the DNP/2486 to your existing product. Use the existing I/Os within your product to communicate with the DNP/2486. 2. Use the DNP/2486 to control and monitor the hardware of your existing product. This might enable you to replace your existing controller entirely. In a new product design, the DNP/2486 can be the main controller. Additional I/Os are driven by the 8-bit extension bus.
The on-board 1 GByte NAND Flash memory provides storage for the DNP/2486 operating system with TCP/IP stack, embedded web server, and an original Sun Java 6 J2SE Run Time Environment (JRE) as well as OEM applications and data. The NAND Flash memory is completely in-system configurable and programmable over the USB host interface. The operating system and user application components are in-system upgradeable over the 10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface or the DNP/2486 480 Mbps USB interface. The AMI Basic I/O System offers USB boot support from an external USB device.
- Vortex86SX 32-bit x86 SoC with 300 MHz Clock Speed and PC-compatible AMI Basic I/O System
- 64 MByte SDRAM with DDR2 interface at 133 MHz Bus Speed
- 1 GByte NAND Flash Memory for O/S Boot Image and Data Files
- 1 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN Interface
- 1 x USB 2.0 Host Interface with HS (high-speed 480 Mbps), FS (full-speed 12 Mbps) and LS (low-speed 1.5 Mbps) Support
- 1 x SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) with one Chip Select Output
- 2 x 16C550/16C552-compatible UART-based Serial Ports (one with all Handshakes)
- 20-bit General Purpose Parallel Port Interface (GPIOs)
- 8-bit I/O Expansion Bus
- 3 Interrupt Inputs, 4 Chip Select Outputs with x86 I/O addresses
- 0 °C to +70 °C Operating Temperature
- Programmable Watchdog Timer