STK300ICE ATMega128 Starter Kit including Emulator
The STK300 AVR board designed by Kanda for Atmel has always been extremely popular
and now Kanda have updated and improved this ATMega 64-pin TQFP AVR starter kit and included a
USB JTAGAVR ICE tool and a USB AVR Programmer (ISP). This gives you Real In Circuit Emulation,
development software, programmer and development board in a single, low cost, package.
Overview of different AVR starter kits and AVR boards
STK300ICE AVR Starter Kit
- AVR Development board with mounted ATmega128L
- USB JTAGICE Tool - see description below
- AVRISP USB AVR In-System Programmer
- WINAVR C Compiler
- WINAVR C examples - UART, Keypad, LCD, switches and LEDs
- IAR Assembler - command line
- AVRStudio4 IDE, Assembler and Simulator
- Datasheets, schematics, manual and sample code
- Embedded C book on CD
- Get Going with...AVR book on CD
Mounted ATmega64, ATmega1281 and ATmega2561 devices will fit in this board - see
Please contact sales if you require a mounted ATmega64, ATmega1281 or ATmega2561 instead of the ATmega128L fitted as standard.
AVR Microcontroller Device Support
- ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega1281 and ATmega2561 have board support
- Equivalent low voltage (L, V) Parts are supported down to 1.8V
- Devices Supported by ISP :-
- ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny2313, ATtiny45, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861
- ATtiny24, ATtiny44, ATtiny84 - ISP only
- ATmega48, ATmega8, ATmega88, ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164P, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169, ATmega32, ATmega325, ATmega324P, ATmega329, ATmega644, ATmega644P, ATmega645, ATmega649, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega169, ATmega2561, ATmega2560, ATmega3250, ATmega3290, ATmega640, ATmega6450, ATmega6490
- AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64, AT90CAN128, AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- See STK200ICE for socket support for 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin AVR microcontrollers.
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8 (32 and 64-bit)
STK300 AVR Board Details
- ATmega128L-8AI Device mounted on daughter board avoids surface mount problems. The ATmega128L operates from 2.7-5.5V and will generally run faster than 8 MHz at higher voltages. If you require a mounted ATmega128-16AI device instead please request a quotation as there may be a small surcharge.
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and 2 RS232 Ports
- LCD interface.
- 3.3V/5V operation
- +10 and -10V supplies available for OP-Amp
- Brownout circuitry
- Real Time Clock support
- External Flash RAM support
- Switches and LEDs
- 24C EEPROM socket
- JTAG and ISP connectors
- Sample mounted ATMega128L device
STK300ICE CD Contents
- AVRISP-U USB port AVR programmer software. Easy to use, full Fuse, Lockbit and Bootblock support
- AVRStudio Development environment from Atmel. Includes projects, editor, assembler and simulator. This is Atmel software
- WINAVR AVR C Compiler with full IDE
- Manual, schematics, AVR Datasheets, sample files, circuit examples
- JTAGAVR ICE documentation
- Books on AVR microcontroller and Embedded C on CD
JTAGAVR ICE Tool
A real USB port In Circuit Emulator (JTAG ICE) for AVR emulation.
It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio4 and runs code on your AVR device. Supplied with adapters to
contect directly to the port headers on the STK300 board.
JTAGICE is not supported by AVRStudio 5
. If you want to use AVRStudio 5, please look at
, which has support for AVRStudio 5.
Howver, the AVR ISP programmer in this kit can be run from AVRStudio 5 or in standalone mode.
AVR JTAG ICE Features
The JTAGAVR uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR devices giving exact electrical and code feedback.
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 plus
- Supported by Win 98, 2000, ME, XP
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- Debugger and programmer
- Supports Assembler or HLL source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface
- Adapters for STK200, STK300 or STK500
JTAG ICE AVR Device Support
- ATmega32, ATmega16, ATmega64
- ATmega128, ATmega162, ATmega169
- ATmega323, AT90CAN128
- USB JTAG AVR tool
- AVRISP USB AVR Programmer, runs from AVRStudio or standalone
- 2 Adapters for STK*00 boards
- STK300 AVR Board with ATmega128
- Software CD with datasheets, AVR Studio, C Compiler, books and user documentation