The best Starter Kit ever...
This is the Parallel Port version.
For new all USB version, see
USB AVR STK200 with ICE
The STK200 AVR board designed by Kanda for Atmel AVR devices is the most successful starter kit EVER produced. Over
30,000 of the STK200 have been sold world-wide, now Kanda have updated and improved this classic AVR starter kit AND included a JTAGAVR ICE tool.
This is the best, most complete development and training system on the market for ANY microcontroller family, and it has a special price!
Overview of AVR starter kits and AVR boards
STK200 Kit for AVR
- Development board
- Limited Application builder software
- JTAGAVR ICE tool with USB interface
- AVRISP In-System Parallel Port Programmer
- AVR Studio (copyright (c) Atmel Corp.
- Unlimited AVRGCC C Compiler with GUI
- Complete User manual, schematics, code examples and datasheets on CD
- Embedded C book on CD
- Get Going with...AVR book on CD
AVR Device Support
- ATtiny12, ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny22, ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny26 , ATtiny261
- ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny461, ATtiny84, ATtiny85, ATtiny861
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535,
- ATmega103, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164P, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169, ATmega2560, ATmega2561,
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324P, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega329, ATmega3290, ATmega48
- ATmega64, ATmega640, ATmega644, ATmega644P, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490
- ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535, ATmega88
- AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64, AT90CAN128, AT90PWM2/3
- Equivalent low voltage (L) Parts are supported
- 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin devices have board support
- 14-pin devices e.g. ATtiny24/44/84 are ISP only
- TQFP64 pin devices like ATmega128 are ISP only but some are supported on STK300 AVR Kit with JTAGICE
- TQFP100 devices are ISP only
*see below for JTAGAVR support
STK200 Board Details
- Separate sockets for different devices simplifies use
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and UART
- LCD interface.
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Brownout circuitry
- External Flash RAM support
- Switches and LEDs
- Manual on CD
- ATmega162L AVR device
- Socket support for ATtiny26 and new ATmega devices
- Switches and LEDs can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- Sockets for Flash RAM (AT29256)and Address latch
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx)
- New Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller devices
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
- Application Builder for AT90S and ATmega8515 and ATmega8535 only
- New ISP version supports all serial programmable AT90S, ATmega and ATtiny devices
- Extra software including unlimited C Compiler
The Application Builder uses wizards to generate set-up code for timers, UART, USART, ADC, SPI, ports, watchdog and interrupts. The stack pointer, external SRAM access and other device features can also be set. Allows you to quickly create source code templates, code examples and test routines, getting you started quickly. Includes Bootloader setup code.
We have included the latest version of Atmel's AVR Studio development environment, with permission of Atmel Corp. It has all you need including full editor, assembler and simulator for all devices. This is the best development system from any semiconductor manufacturer by a long way.
JTAGICE, included in this kit, is not supported by AVRStudio 5. If you want to use AVRStudio 5, please look at STK200-DRAGON
, which has support for AVRStudio 5.
The AVR ISP programmer in this kit can be run from AVRStudio 5.
WINAVR with unlimited AVRGCC C Compiler
This version includes AVR-GCC 3.2 in a complete self-extracting installer. It includes Programmers Notebook, a complete GUI to make the compiler easy to use.
JTAG AVR ICE tool
A real In Circuit Emulator (JTAGICE) for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio4 via a USB port and runs code on your AVR ATmega microcontroller using JTAG. Supplied with adapters to contect directly to the port headers on STK200, STK300 and STK500 kits.
The JTAGAVR uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer 40-pin AVR ATmega microcontrollers giving exact electrical and code feedback.
JTAGAVR Device Support
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 plus
- USB interface
- Supported by Win XP
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- AVR Debugger and AVR programmer
- Supports AVR Assembler or HLL source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface
- Adapters for STK200, STK300 or STK500
JTAGAVR Tool Contents
- ATmega32, ATmega16, ATmega64
- ATmega128, ATmega162, ATmega169
- ATmega323, AT90CAN128
- JTAG AVR tool
- 2 Adapters for STK*00 boards
- USB lead
- Software CD with datasheets, AVR Studio and user documentation
All USB port version of STK200 AVR kit