AVR Dragon ICE with STK200 AVR Board
This starter kit is the best way to learn about AVR microcontrollers and how to program them. It is more than just a flexible but simple to use AVR board with an AVR Dragon AVR programmer and emulator, it is a training kit.
It is designed to get you started and covers all the basics before moving on to assembly language and C programming. It is popular with colleges and universities as well as individuals because it teaches you all about the AVR microcontroller in a clear, straightforward way.
STK200 AVR Dragon features
This kit allows debugging and programming of almost all AVR microcontrollers, in 8, 20, 28 and 40-pin packages, with complete instructions, sample code and books on CD.
- AVR Dragon ICE, complete with leads, adapters and instructions
- Comes with latest AVRStudio4 AVR Development Environment
- Can easily be used with new AVRStudio6, available as free download
- STK200 AVR Board has socket support for 8,20,28 and 40-pin microcontrollers
- STK200 board has UART, LED, switches, ADC, LCD and keypad interfaces
- Includes CD books on AVR and Embedded C programming
- Sample code, datasheets and instructions
- AVR Dragon can power STK200 board, no extra power supply needed
AVR Development with STK200 AVR Dragon
AVRStudio 4 is a very good development environment, and comes with WinAVR C Compiler plugin to make working in C really easy. The kit has instructions on creating AVRStudio projects and connecting hardware to program and debug code from AVRStudio. The hardware connections are the same for AVRStudio 6, and full instructions are included for using kit in AVRStudio 4 and 6.
The Get Going with AVR Book and Embedded C book cover the basics of the AVR and how to write code in assembly language or C and the sample code supplied covers all the major concepts, including UART, LCD and keypads.
- Win 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8 (32 and 64-bit)
STK200 AVR Board Details
- Separate sockets for different AVR microcontrollers simplifies use
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and UART
- LCD interface. LCD modules are available separately
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Brownout circuitry
- External Flash RAM support
- Switches and LEDs
- Manual on CD
- ATmega16 AVR device
- AVR board schematics
- Socket support for ATtiny26 and new ATmega devices
- Switches and LEDs can be moved to different ports
- Improved ADC support
- Sockets for Flash RAM (AT29256)and Address latch
- 2-wire EEPROM socket (24Cxxx)
- New Port B headers to correctly route signals from smaller devices
- Clock/Port Pin jumpers on smaller sockets to free I/O pin when running
- Compatible with existing STK200 code and applications
- Application Builder for AT90S and ATmega8515 and ATmega8535 only
- New AVR ISP version supports all serial programmable ATmega and ATtiny devices
- Extra software including unlimited C Compiler
AVR Dragon Tool
A real USB port In Circuit Emulator for AVR emulation. It interfaces with Atmel AVR Studio and runs code on your AVR device. All cables and adapters needed are supplied. It is both a programmer using ISP and JTAG and a debugger using JTAG for 40-pin plus devices and DebugWire for smaller AVR microcontrollers.
AVR Dragon Features
The AVR Dragon uses the On-chip Debug features of the newer AVR devices giving exact electrical and code feedback.
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4.10 plus, AVRStudio 5 and AVRStudio 6
- Supported by Win 98, 2000, ME, XP, Win 7, Win 8 32 and 64-bit
- 3 Hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- Debugger and programmer
- Supports Assembler or HLL source code debugging
- 3V to 5V operation
- Atmel JTAG interface, ISP and DebugWire support.
- Adapters for STK200, STK300 or STK500
- Powers STK300 board from PC USB port
STK200 AVR Dragon Contents
- AVR DRAGON emulator and programmer tool
- ISP, JTAG, DebugWire and power leads
- USB lead
- STK200 AVR board with ATmega16
- Software CD with datasheets, AVR Studio, C Compiler, books, sample code, instructions and user documentation
Starter Kit Accessories
As well as the LCD module and Keypad
shown in related products, we have introduced a 7-segment display that also plugs straight into a port header on the board. Code examples are on the CD for this and other accessories, in C and Assembler.
7-Segment Display Module