64KB Individual Keyfob Mini-programmer for AVR
Parallel Port version
A completely portable programmer for In System Programming of AVR flash microcontrollers, for field and production use with 64KB of memory. This programmer comes in a key fob case and has one button operation to eliminate operator errors. Removes the need for a PC on the production line or in the field.
Just load using the 64KB AVR Keyfob Mini-programmer Starter Kit
Once the programmer is loaded, just keep plugging it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and EEPROM with a single button press.
A USB Port keyfob and starter kit
version is now available. It is NOT compatable with parallel port keyfob.
- Miniture hand-held programmer, battery powered
- Single button operation
- Dimensions: Metric- 45mm x 35mm x 15mm - 28g
- Dimensions: Imperial - 1.8 x 1.4 x 0.5 inches - 1 oz
- Easy to load, easy to use
- Reprogram as many times as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Target voltage down to 3.3V
AVR Microcontroller Support
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343,
AT90S4433, AT90S4414, AT90S8535, AT90S8515
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega329, ATmega3290
- ATmega48, ATmega88, ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- ATmega64, ATmega644, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490, ATmega640
- 64KB only: ATmega103, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281,
- ATtiny12, ATtiny15, ATtiny22, ATtiny26, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, ATtiny861
- ATtiny13, ATtiny2313, ATtiny25, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, ATtiny24, ATtiny44, ATtiny84
- 64KB only:AT90CAN128
- AT90PWM2/3, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64
Not supported: ATmega2560, ATmega2561. For support for these and full support for 128KB devices, see
New devices will be supported as they are released
You will need a Starter Kit to load this programmer. One Starter Kit will allow you to load as many Keyfob Mini-programmers as you want. The Starter kit comes complete with a Keyfob Mini-programmer.
You can also buy the Starter Kit with 5 Keyfob Mini-programmers.
Field Service Pack
Extra Keyfob Mini-programmers are available in packs of 5, which gives you a big saving in cost.
Keyfob Mini-programmer Multi-pack
The keyfob is NOT designed to cope with faulty target boards, so you should test or isolate target boards first, or use the handheld programmer instead.
A more robust Handheld programmer is available, which is ideal for use on the production line. It operates in the same way as the keyfob but has extra features for production use and 128Kb memory. This programmer is ideal for adding Boot Block code to ATmega128 devices.
We now have adapters to convert from the standard Kanda 10-way header to different 6-way headers.
6-Way DIL adapter
6 x 1-way leads
6-Way Micromatch connector
See Guide to AVR ISP Circuits
for schematics of recommended AVR ISP circuits (new window).
See Overview of Kanda AVR Programmer Range