Worldwide shipping, easy payment and high quality products. You can rely on Kanda
PRESTO USB PIC Programmer
PRESTO USB PIC programmer
Very fast PIC microcontroller ICSP programmer self powered from USB bus with enhanced ICSP programming capability. This USB PIC programmer supports a wide range of Microchip PIC microcontrollers at 3-5V target voltage or powered by the PRESTO PIC programmer at 5V operation. Includes support for dsPIC, PIC24, Serial EEPROMs, AVR and other microcontrollers
Also supports CPLD and other devices that use JTAG using separate JTAG player software.
- Most PIC microcontrollers supported
- Very fast programmer operation
- PIC ICSP programmer controlled and powered by USB
- PIC Microcontroller target application voltage 3 to 5 V
- Overcurrent and overvoltage protection for PICMicro
- GO button
- Includes an 8 way flying lead adapter
PRESTO Programmer Detail
- PRESTO is optimized for programming speed and it is a really very fast PIC ICSP programmer. For example, the full PIC18F8720 microcontroller is programmed and verified in 6 seconds! (3 seconds for programming and 3 seconds for verification). Complete eCOG1 in less than 3 seconds.
- In-Circuit Serial Programming (ICSP) is a very useful and often used PIC microcontroller feature. PRESTO PIC programmer directly supports this function using a dedicated connector and an included cable. In comparison to other ASIX programmers, the ICSP connector is enhanced - there are two more pins allowing support of wider range of PIC microcontrollers.
- The target PIC microcontroller can be either powered by PRESTO PIC Programmer (5 V nominally) or can be powered by an application, within a voltage range 3 to 5 V (with 10% tolerance).
- GO button allows user to start microcontroller programming easily, without the need for a PC keyboard or mouse. LEDs indicate programmer status - green LED ON-LINE indicates the USB connection and yellow LED ACTIVE indicates that PRESTO is just working (programming, reading, ...)
- Overcurrent limitation of target supply and programming voltages remarkably reduce the risk of damaging the PIC microcontrollers because of user mistakes. Target supply overvoltage detection is also implemented.
- PRESTO PIC programmer is powered from the USB bus, so there is no need for any additional supply adaptor.
- PRESTO PIC ICSP programmer is small, lightweight and compact.
- Software upgrades are freely available for all users on the Internet. They contain new device support, new functions and algorithm updates when required.
The software is very comprehensive but simple to use.
- Separate Code and Data windows
- Configuration and Security screen with clear descriptions and easy settings
- Comprehensive PIC device support
- Varied programming, read and verify options - Program All, Program Code, Data or Configuration Only etc.
- Extra Features such as Serial Numbers, Program counts, user settable Hot Keys
PRESTO Device Support
- Microchip PIC Microcontrollers
Serially programmable PICMicro (all Flash and the most popular OTP/JW), including J and K devices
- dsPIC30, dsPIC33, PIC24, MSP43x and PIC32MX
- Atmel AVR MCUs
Devices with SPI low voltage serial downloading - for example ATtiny12, AT90S8535, ATmega128
- Atmel 8051 Family
AT89S2051, AT89S4051, AT89S51/52/53, AT89S8252, AT89S8253, AT89LP6440
- Cyan Technology eCOG1
Including basic debug control via eICE interface (Run, Stop, Reset).
- Cypress PSoC
- Components with JTAG interface
- types which can be programmed using SVF or XSVF file - for example
- CPLD - Xilinx (XC95xx, CoolRunner, ...), Altera and others
- FPGA configuration Flash PROMs - Xilinx (XC18Vxx, XCFxxS)
- Atmel ATxmega
- Serial EEPROMs
- I2C (24LCxx)
- Microwire (93LCxx)
- SPI (25Cxx)
- SPI DataFlash (AT45DB)
- TI Microcontrollers, CC25xxx, CC111xxx
More Information About PRESTO
A board with a ZIF socket for use with this USB PIC ICSP Programmer is available.
Click for details about ISP to ZIF board
Download and Save JTAG Player for CPLD
For an overview of our PIC Programmer range, please see PIC Programmer Overview in new window
These open in a new window.
There are currently no reviews for this product. To be the first to add a review please complete the form below.
You must be logged in to post product reviews, please click here to login
Universal ISP Board with ZIF Socket
PRESTO PIC Programmer ICSP Cable
PIC Microcontroller Training Kit
PIC Handheld Programmer USB Starter Kit
We accept bank transfer and the following payment types:
Checkout from Shopping Basket to request Proforma Invoice for bank transfer or to pay by credit card or Paypal